Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
When the pre game talk threads start popping up, Hawks fans are getting excited again. I won't get fooled again. The Toronto game almost killed me the other night. The highs and lows between periods is too much. This team is too bipolar. I have no expectations.

Then again, I'm posting on a pre game thread which tells me it's too late. These bums pulled me back in just when I thought I was out this season. Ughh.

I can't help but wonder what psychological affect that dreadful 3rd period will have on a fragile Blackhawks team. Tonight they need to brush that aside and come out like they did in the first period in Toronto. Easy to say.

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I can't help but wonder what psychological affect that dreadful 3rd period will have on a fragile Blackhawks team. Tonight they need to brush that aside and come out like they did in the first period in Toronto. Easy to say.
That's a very simple solution: Crow.

Crow is our security blanket. When he's healthy, everything will be okay. That's how I'm convincing myself.

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
That brings back childhood memories!
Hey, how about in the spirit of a semi sweet revenge ( only true revenge would be in the finals! ) with a come from behind 3-2 win tonight started by a slapshot snipe from centre
ice to begin the 3 goal comeback win!

Yvan Cournoyer.
Not that name or memory doesn't still leave a scar on my Blackhawk heart.
But ...
What does not kill us makes us Hawker! ;-)

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
We need Patrick Kane to go on another hot streak. Hopefully the 2 days off will help him out.

Does anyone know how to pull Kane's TOI since JC took over? Does HockeyReference.com have an easy way to mess with data?

Kane is averaging 22+ minutes per game on the season, the most of his career. You have to figure that's probably even closer to 24, maybe even 25 since JC took over.

Last edited:

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
We need Patrick Kane to go on another hot streak. Hopefully the 2 days off will help him out.

Does anyone know how to pull Kane's TOI since JC took over? Does HockeyReference.com have an easy way to mess with data?

Kane is averaging 22+ minutes per game on the season, the most of his career. You have to figure that's probably even closer to 24, maybe even 25 since JC took over.

22:48 since JC took over.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Are the Habs fans just as delusional as the Leafs fans in French? Or are they just brutally harsh on their own team's performance?

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Yvan Cournoyer.
Not that name or memory doesn't still leave a scar on my Blackhawk heart.
But ...
What does not kill us makes us Hawker! ;-)
I thought it was Jacques Lemaire .. but my memory might be just hazy enough!
The pocket Rocket also got a goal .. and Jimmy Pappin was denied with seconds left thanks to Dryden's extra long leg!
Indeed Hawker!
Edit ... just checked .. it was Lemaire with the Habs first, followed by the Pocket and the nail was again Richard .. not sure if the Pocket or the Rocket!

southernbeardown54

Apr 23, 2012
OT: Does the NHL TV plan include the playoffs?
You mean center ice? I can’t recall, I was actually going to say no because I think nbc has rights and shows them all from what I recall. I have had center ice for like 10 years and only issue I ever have seeing games is when the early game goes too long and they don’t put the second game on alternate feed.

A few years ago game 1 in Vancouver the whole first period I was yelling at direct tv. Missed the entire period

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I thought it was Jacques Lemaire .. but my memory might be just hazy enough!
The pocket Rocket also got a goal .. and Jimmy Pappin was denied with seconds left thanks to Dryden's extra long leg!
Indeed Hawker!
Edit ... just checked .. it was Lemaire with the Habs first, followed by the Pocket and the nail was again Richard .. not sure if the Pocket or the Rocket!
Henri scored the game winner. Lemaire’s high slapshot from outside the blue line tied it. :cry:

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
... Pappin was denied with seconds left thanks to Dryden's extra long leg! ...

Yeah, Dryden's save on Pappin is on YT somewhere. Seen it once, that was enough. ;-)
Listened to the game on a transistor radio - Dollar Bill home game blackouts - & can still hear the anguish in Lloyd Pettit's voice. Was an 8th grader's first broken heart & I ain't hardly kidding, man that HURT.
Think the whole game's on YouTube too but just cannot bear to watch it ...

Reactions: Crow

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Henri scored the game winner. Lemaire’s high slapshot from outside the blue line tied it. :cry:
Not that it ultimately matters but ... it was Lemaire that got the habs first with that centre ice slapshot.
Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 2.09.40 PM.png

Reactions: pvr

Malagahawks

We tanked hard and got Bedard!! Happy Days!!
Oct 23, 2018
Malaga, Spain
You mean center ice? I can’t recall, I was actually going to say no because I think nbc has rights and shows them all from what I recall. I have had center ice for like 10 years and only issue I ever have seeing games is when the early game goes too long and they don’t put the second game on alternate feed.

A few years ago game 1 in Vancouver the whole first period I was yelling at direct tv. Missed the entire period

Not sure this makes a difference but I am overseas.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Yeah, Dryden's save on Pappin is on YT somewhere. Seen it once, that was enough. ;-)
Listened to the game on a transistor radio - Dollar Bill home game blackouts - & can still hear the anguish in Lloyd Pettit's voice. Was an 8th grader's first broken heart & I ain't hardly kidding, man that HURT.
Oh man I was in grade 6 and felt that dagger pretty deep for a long time! .. until Kaner's bizarre goal in game 6 in Philly at least!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Thanks. That's not too bad and hopefully the concern of Kane running out of gas is overblown and it was just a slump.

I’d be way more concerned if I were an Oiler fan with how much McDavid plays every night

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Lloyd Pettit really painted the picture...best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad