Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Ducks 3/29

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
If the Hawks win they'll be up 7 points, 8 points if you consider we have the ROW tie breaker. The Ducks will have 14 games left and the Hawks will have 15 games left. If the Hawks were to go 8-7 over the last 15, they'll end up with 71 points (and the tiebreaker). In order to get to 72 points, the Ducks would have to go 12-2.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
It's a big game. The Ducks have had our number and we don't want them getting anymore confidence against the Hawks.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
That's my biggest pet peeve. When people say things like "we need to win this one".

The Hawks don't necessarily need to win this game, but it would be a big confidence booster. The Ducks are one of the few teams who have outplayed the Hawks so far

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
The Hawks don't necessarily need to win this game, but it would be a big confidence booster. The Ducks are one of the few teams who have outplayed the Hawks so far

If by outplayed you mean 'the Ducks are one of the few teams the Hawks have given games away to late after outplaying them' then yes.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
Hawks have proven twice now that they can't put this team away so I wouldn't be surprised if they lost out on another 2 pts tonight.

I'm convinced Anaheim is the only team in the West that can and will beat us in a 7 game series.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
Hawks have proven twice now that they can't put this team away so I wouldn't be surprised if they lost out on another 2 pts tonight.

I'm convinced Anaheim is the only team in the West that can and will beat us in a 7 game series.

I think Anaheim and LA could do it. The good news is that the Hawks likely won't play either in the first round.

ralph0226

Jun 1, 2010

Ducks or Kings.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
RE:

Originally Posted by MadhouseOnMadison

I'm convinced Anaheim is the only team in the West that can and will beat us in a 7 game series

Ducks or Kings.

Any team can win in the West. I think last year's POs reinforced that. Thanks to the great start, Q and team have the advantage over most of the West to prepare for post season.

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
Just roll four lines and let things fall where they may. Hawks aren't playing for much anymore anyways for the next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad