Pre-Game Talk: Hawks vs Bruins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
No Kampf and 4 Rd on defense. I think it's going to be scrambled lines tonight to see other combos and how our defensive pairs would look if Boqvist remained on the roster.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So Wedin is tge C on 3rd line for Saad Nd Kubalik?

Maybe this indicates that if they go with 8 d and 13F that Wedin is 13th forwardzand that Kampf will start as 3C but that Wedin would rotate in every few games there and also back up the 4th line wingers if there is an I jury.

SO it may be indicative of the actual 13F we can postulate make tgevlineup...

ON D ...3rd pair woukd be 4K and Murphy with Boqvist listed as the 7th dman ..but he probably gets some shifts at both Rd (spelling off Murphy ) and LD (spelling off 4K...but really we know that Boqvist will not make the team this season but get lots of mo utes Md alk situations in Rockford...

Dahlstrom not playing but I do not think that indicates anything as I suspect they will keep 8D to start the season with both Dahlstronand 4K on the bench once DeHaan is ready for game action.

The reason to keep 8D and only 13 F would be that 1.You really do not want to recall Boqvist from Rockford except for emegencies because you want his ELC to slide and if he plays more than 9 games in the Show it jeopardizes that ...it wiukdctake key injury to Gus or Keith to possibly recall Boqvist ...even ifctgat happened they might recall Holm to run the pp not Boqvist ...I think they would prefer Boqvist to develop 1 more year on Rockford to get better on his weaker aspects of the game and rob play big monutes rather than just stick on the Hawks as 7th or 8th dman...

However the idea of perhaps making Boqvist tge "last cut"would be a symbolic statement to both him and the fans..and so I think they do not send Boqvist to Rockford until either just before they go to Europe or maybe after the exhibition game vs.the German team which is a tune-up game before they move on to Prague to open the season ...

In the case of Dach...you could also use the let the ELC slide argument to send hom to juniors ...but again symbolically keep him around till lasit day for final cut..

If however they do give Dach a 9 game trial that means either he has to be the 13thF orc hey go with 14F and that hat means 1 of 4K or Dahlstrom must be off the roster for the Show OR 1 of the three forwards
from the 4th line has to be off the roster or Wedin must be off the roster and sent down.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Kinda bummed that Perlini isn't in the line-up again.

Perlini isn't making the team. Idk what they are going to do with him. It would suck to have to waive him. At this point I'd take a flyer on Julius Honka rather than give him away for nothing.

Because he's lazy and replaceable. Results after last several seasons say time to buckle down.

If this club falters Stan knows his job could be on the line.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Wedin centering the 3rd line. Thats going to be a weak spot for the Hawks this year.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Wedin centering the 3rd line. Thats going to be a weak spot for the Hawks this year.

I can't imagine he plays 3C come opening night. I think that's currently Kampf's spot, though I think Kampf would better off as 4C.

But if Dach can't play, then he's probably our best option.

Shaw is a terrible C.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I can't imagine he plays 3C come opening night. I think that's currently Kampf's spot, though I think Kampf would better off as 4C.

But if Dach can't play, then he's probably our best option.

Shaw is a terrible C.

I believe Shaw played plenty of hockey in Montreal at the center position. Even if he is better at playing the wing, he beats the hell out of a Wedin or a Kampf in that 3rd line center spot. Of course Perlini would need to fit back in with the Cat/Strome duo for it to work and that happening is very debatable. In fact it's looking like JC is not even considering trying the trio again ..... which makes little sense to me.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I believe Shaw played plenty of hockey in Montreal at the center position. Even if he is better at playing the wing, he beats the hell out of a Wedin or a Kampf in that 3rd line center spot. Of course Perlini would need to fit back in with the Cat/Strome duo for it to work and that happening is very debatable. In fact it's looking like JC is not even considering trying the trio again ..... which makes little sense to me.

I mean, yes he did. Because the Montreal Canadiens had arguably the worst center depth in the league before they drafted Kotkaniemi.

Would Shaw be the worst 3C in the league? Not by a long-shot. Would the team be better off if he were a bottom 6 winger, allowed to play cannon-ball without any of the defensive responsibilities you require of a center? Absolutely.

I don't think Kampf is the best case scenario for 3C, but I given the wingers available for the 3rd line, I'd take the center that was one of the better, underrated defensive players in the league last season.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I for one am thrilled to have Kampf as our 3C. He's been stuck in a 4C role and had to play most of last season with Kunitz and Kruger. Give him a promotion to the 3rd line and capable linemates like Kubalik and Saad, and I think he'll surprise a lot of you.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I for one am thrilled to have Kampf as our 3C. He's been stuck in a 4C role and had to play most of last season with Kunitz and Kruger. Give him a promotion to the 3rd line and capable linemates like Kubalik and Saad, and I think he'll surprise a lot of you.

Believe me, many of us who hope you are correct.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

I'm right there with you. Quite a few of us had a good convos about it. Obviously we know where @Hawkaholic for example stands with Kampf's offensive ability. We'll see.

GDT: - Blackhawks vs Flyers - 7:30 CT WGN - Do or Die

2019-2020 expected roster volume 7

Reactions: Kevin Musto

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
with the correct line mates I think Kampf could be effective at 3 C and this is coming from someone who is vocal in the offseason that he could not,

JC likes the guy and thinks he has untapped offensive potential.

if Kampf is to be 3 C then its this IMO

Nylander-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Shaw
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Cagguila-smith/carpenter-??????/smith/carpenter

some have said that Saarela played C with the Charlotte checkers last season, if that is the case then perhaps he may fit there and Kampf goes back to 4C, IMO Saarela would be better served on the wing in order to reach his potential.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I'm right there with you. Quite a few of us had a good convos about it. Obviously we know where @Hawkaholic for example stands with Kampf's offensive ability. We'll see.

GDT: - Blackhawks vs Flyers - 7:30 CT WGN - Do or Die

2019-2020 expected roster volume 7
At the very least we know he's going to be one of the best defensive forwards on the roster this year. The stats don't lie, Kampf is a reliable shutdown guy.

But yeah as you've said yourself, I think there's some untapped offence there that's waiting to be released.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
with the correct line mates I think Kampf could be effective at 3 C and this is coming from someone who is vocal in the offseason that he could not,

JC likes the guy and thinks he has untapped offensive potential.

Yea I don't see the "50 point upside" Colliton does, but he can absolutely be a 30-35 point type guy with a bigger role which is fine as a 3C. Anything more is just gravy.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Yea I don't see the "50 point upside" Colliton does, but he can absolutely be a 30-35 point type guy with a bigger role which is fine as a 3C. Anything more is just gravy.

who knows, JC was bang on with Gus' untapped offensive potential so perhaps he sees things others don't.

I think he could be a 35-45 point guy if the likes of Saad and Kubalik click with him, keep in mind that third line would see weak competition....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad