GDT: Hawks @ Sens 6pm 3/28/24 NBC sports Chicago (opening day… yay.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Richardson said Zaitsev is a little under the weather. I'm wondering if Bedard picked up whatever he has.
Yeah, I did see that. They gave Zaitsev a try despite him being under the weather and only pulled him when he showed he wasn't playing up to NHL standards.

It's possible Bedard was dealing with something similar, but was playing because he's still miles better than most of the roster.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You'd think Ottawa announcers would be a little more humble.
They were not Ottawa announcers. Gord Miller and associate (I think Ray Ferraro) who call many games, Canadian based.

Yeah, I did see that. They gave Zaitsev a try despite him being under the weather and only pulled him when he showed he wasn't playing up to NHL standards.

It's possible Bedard was dealing with something similar, but was playing because he's still miles better than most of the roster.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. Flu is running through the NHL right now.

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
They were not Ottawa announcers. Gord Miller and associate (I think Ray Ferraro) who call many games, Canadian based.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised. Flu is running through the NHL right now.

They are effectively Ottawa PbP and Colour. TSN has the regional rights. Same with the Habs (RDS) and Leafs.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Miller and Mike Johnson, I think. Ferraro is on Sportsnet, mostly doing Canucks telecasts.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
After watching the D pairings get scrambled during yesterdays game when Zaitsev did not return to the ice, I'm all for ditching the notion that it's a good idea to pair a veteran dman with with a youngster. And if Zaitsev can't go in the next game, call up Del Mastro and leave Tinordi out.

A small sample size but Korchinski and Kaiser looked good together and the stats reflected the eye test. Same with Vlasic and Kaiser.

Reactions: Pez68

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
That game was the Hawks identity.

Not ready to play...again, maybe because they had a good period a few periods ago.
Got down early with bad mistakes against a semi-disinterested team, proceed to get massively outshot.

Stuck the landing with a goose egg too.

I'm sure they'll have 30 minutes of grindy-gritty-hustly-etc. type play and 30 minutes of wasted time next game following this one.

Here's to hoping Torts' group is burnt out and unable to play well.

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
I was at the game. while Bedard didnt accomplish much, there were a few times where seeing him up close making dipsy doo plays, reminded me of #11 of Buffalo many years ago. The biggest thing tho was his eyes, he constantly had this intense almost rocket richard look . but man he needs better players to play with, it was almost embarrassing sometimes watching the misplays around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad