Pre-Game Talk: Hawks @ McDavids... possibly with less McDavid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
A handful of good things have been said regarding certain Chicago players in the Oilers GDT.

Either the grass is always greener, or we just really hate this team, lol.

Reactions: Cowch and Mrfenn92

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
McDavid is out 2-3 weeks. I will post the GDT when I find info on the Oilers new lines. Anyone heard anything on Boqvist?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I would say two points would be nice, but we could go winless versus Edmonton for a decade straight and I'd say we still came out ahead by them taking Manning off our hands alone.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Yep. No McDavid. Our lines will probably look something like Nuge - Drai - Yams and then a combination of borderline NHLers.

:help:

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Hammered the hawks on the money line after I saw McDavid out. Don’t f*** me boys.

Oilers forward core without McDavid looks really bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: RememberTheRoar

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Sure...really bad without McDavid...so ..

Draisaitl torches Hawks with a 4 point night...meanwhile Toews Kane and D-Cat probably fail to light the lamp ...probably combine for less points than Draisaitl alone and combine for - 7...and our Pp fails again..

Sire EDM without McDavidvus bad..bit We are not exactly rising to the occasion ladtc5 games with our big "syars"...so what makes you think they get serious vs.Edm even with McGod out?

What makes you think Hawks will put up a sweat more than 1 periodvoutvof 3 periods?

They had their chance to prove to us in the last 5 games that the hope for a wildcard run was a legitvhipe. And all they did was fail miserably with that 1w 2L 2 OTL poor to meh show.Stars gotta star...They did not. Stars gotta lead..they did not.

And youbhopecyourc36 myhrvold dman plays lijec26 not 46...but unfortunately Keith is wearing down to the geezer not so goodxanymore player rather than any semblance of his glory years top ofcthe heap play.

Be realistic..Even without MCGod Edm if they play a full 60 can beat this zad mess of oa Hawks teM that just cannot get it up or keep it up for a full game'work requirement and whose faiksvon the pp approach legendary status.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If Strome wasn't playing wing he probably would've stayed in the lineup. Cat needs to be benched next.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Think about this for a moment...the Hawks are deep enough at forward that they have Strome and DeBrincat on the 3rd line. Most teams would kill to have that kind of depth.

They're not that far away.

Reactions: Brightwing

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Think about this for a moment...the Hawks are deep enough at forward that they have Strome and DeBrincat on the 3rd line. Most teams would kill to have that kind of depth.

They're not that far away.

Most 3rd lines on other teams are much better than Strome and Cat, so I am not sure what you are trying to say because they have been nothing short of useless this year. They are very one dimensional players, that’s not a make up of a third line or any line for that matter.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Most 3rd lines on other teams are much better than Strome and Cat, so I am not sure what you are trying to say because they have been nothing short of useless this year. They are very one dimensional players, that’s not a make up of a third line or any line for that matter.
Yes most teams have guys scoring at a 50pt pace on their 3rd line. LOL

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Yes most teams have guys scoring at a 50pt pace on their 3rd line. LOL
Let alone two. :eyeroll:

Strome and DeBrincat are talented but flawed players. When on their games, they score at a first line pace. The big thing about both players is that they have to put up at least 60 points, if not 70 to be effective. Mostly because both are pure offensive players and offer little else in any other aspect of the game.

When they're not producing, or having a down year, fan angst is bound to happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobbyJet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad