Pre-Game Talk: Hawks/Leafs 2/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I watched the first half of the Leaf/Canuck game last night. Babcock has his $ 35 M roster playing honest, hard working, blue collar hockey. Hawks had better not get too complacent. They will get outworked; that's pretty much a guarantee.

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
I watched the first half of the Leaf/Canuck game last night. Babcock has his $ 35 M roster playing honest, hard working, blue collar hockey. Hawks had better not get too complacent. They will get outworked; that's pretty much a guarantee.

Leafs definitely want this game more.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Come on ...we are in full fiasco...Leafs 7 Hawks 1....Our Country Club guys will mail it in...believing they only have to Don the Indianhead and Leafs will surrender. ..so we AGAIN will not skate very hard..will not exert..and will get creamed ..

The convenient excuses will follow...no Hossa...home "advabtage" taken for granted (as if they learned nothing from the past 3 games)....another schedule grind game..no reason to flip switch to on,but wait till playoffs then we will...team needs to get away ,this home cooking is stuff g them so they cannot move...Leafs are loose...Nothing to play for...pressure off..do they can play at a professional level...Hawks expectation by home fans is too much pressure as was being atop the WC...inevitable Hawks collapse under the pressure to stay on top..does not matter...only plYoffs do..so another home liss served up as all the excuses mount...We might add Babs motivated his guys to knock off the "champs"...Q could not get his millionaire "stars" to actually show up and earn their fat paychecks.. Oh,and tge biggest excuse for not beating the Leafs in our barn will be :No McDavid!

See if first $10.5 million guy is gone back to Machu Picchu...and if 2nd $10.5 million guy is nowhere near his "on a mission" form ..and if Norris Keith instead is losing puck battles and failing to dictate the game...and if Bartoli Seabrook is tge only D-man we have who can shoot a puck BUT he also "exerts" to the point of -16 in I-Corsi ...and if "prized" youngsters TT and Danault have not scored since Armstrong walked on tge moon (so it seems) and
f the curse of Garbutt still holds...and...and . ..and ...and ...well you are starting to get tge g8st 9f how the Q Country Club functions...

OK...here is a test...one might think that a $10.5 million C makes the wi gers on his line a lot better...Obviously he did not d9 that for Hossa ...but the excise was that Hossa was aging and so his production would decline anyway no matter who he played with...Then the excuse for Toews not being able to elevate Shaw enough to really impact is that Shaw is miscast there as a top 1LW..which to be fair is true but still should not any winger who is not a geezer get elevated to a star when playing with alleged great center? NOW Q will try TT or Panik or Sekaj at RW to replace Hossa given him being. out with injury..You might think Toews ought to be able to elevate the new RW to some ki d if impact ..but of course I stead tge excuses will blame tge RW guy as not worthy of playing with Toews ...one might think that 55 in a confidence funk now might gain that back playing with the star Toews...but what if Toews dies not elevate his game to help the kid gain back tge confidence he has talent? What if Toews internally says. .gee ..they saddked me with these not ready for prime time players so why bother exerting?..it is a lost cause anyway...when 4he correct response ought to be...I will show my wingers how to play inspired..I will carry the team on my back...I will show what exertion really means...I will fire 7 shots on goal if that is what it takes to score multi-goals ..I will drag them along with me ..I will play like $10.5 million so that they can play like at least $4-5 million guys and not like they belong in the ECHL...YA TINK we will get that kind of play from Toews ....from our "leader"? OR is he going to go Machu Picchu on us and chuck it in because Stan has burdened him with wingers who do not have it to make him look good? My point of this diatribe is that your stars must be stars and drive the bus...not complain they need help to look good and not to turn the bus driving over to others.
This mantra also goes to the other $10.5 million bus driver on his line..And it goes to the over $6 million guys driving the bus of our d-corps ...the stars must earn their pay and star and inspire the poir grunts that support them ..Will we get that ...for 60 minutes not 20 or in some games none? THE STARS have to drive the bus...and we must not hear how the support staff must be relied on first to help the stars star ...no the stars must inspire the support staff to play better ...but the stats on the Blackhawks have failed to seize their missions in this recent honest and amd if that attitude prevails again modal night then Leafs will cream us.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Time for Q to experiment with lines this should be fun here is a guess

Panik-JT-TT
P-Arty
Hinostrza-Danault-Sekac
Desi-Moose-Shaw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad