Rumor: Hawks Interested in D Karl Alzner

GGGHawks18

Dec 16, 2011
Chris Kucâ€ÂVerified account @ChrisKuc 3m3 minutes ago
More
Source: #Blackhawks have communicated with free-agent defenseman Karl Alzner's camp.
Would take some shuffling to make that happen.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I was thinking he could be the kind of guy that is disappointed in his offers and signs for 1 year 3.5M or something to boost his value.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Only thing that makes sense is a Brad Richards deal and Alzer WILL NOT go for that. Far better options within our budget for a veteran D.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
man he must have really fallen off because the last i remember of him is being pretty damn good

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
No thanks

His hands are in terrible shape to point he has to have his wife open all the stuff around house like cans of food

The ones that get you inside the knee usually don’t feel good because you can’t really do a whole lot,†he said. “They just send that shooting pain down your leg, and you just start hobbling around for a little bit. Those ones suck, but there’s sometimes where you just get hit right in the hand. We have gloves on, but they only protect you a little bit. When you get them right in the hand, it’s pretty easy to break something. It’s kind of embarrassing, but my wife is the one that opens all the jars in our house because my hand has been broken so many times from the shots. I’ve got pretty weak hands now, so it just depends, but the hands end up being pretty bad in the long term.â€Â

Pretty bad in the long term? Alzner is a 28-year-old professional athlete who has played in 523 consecutive games and apparently can’t open a jar of pickles without assistance. (Let’s hope he can still handle bottles of truffle oil on his own.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-man-but-dont-ask-him-to-open-a-jar-for-you/

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Asner looks like he might have a problem opening a jar of pickles.

MV5BMTk0MDI4ODk5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzg3ODQ3MQ@@._V1_UY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
After reading that... yeah. No thanks. A giant no thanks.

This is pure speculation but if Alzner is like that then would it be out of this world to think Hammer is in a similar boat (especially with what we saw at the end of the season and playoffs)?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
This is pure speculation but if Alzner is like that then would it be out of this world to think Hammer is in a similar boat (especially with what we saw at the end of the season and playoffs)?

I would venture to think quite a few hockey players are in the same boat, especially the shot blockers. He just went public with his notion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad