GDT: Hawks @ Habs: 6:30PM Central on NBCSN--Let's Reflect On Painful Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Third line "star" centers don't happen anymore. AA is about as good as you can ever get from a 3C standpoint. Could happen in the draft but it will need to be a situation like Schmaltz where you move up to get the player.

Reactions: Robsker

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com
I have already flushed yesterday down the crapper. both teams are overvaluing the game (Toronto fans) and undervaluing (Hawks fans....myself included). Hopefully there is a more consummate effort.....though I know #2 will still undeservedly be on the #1 PP unit. That will make me throw up in my mouth a bit.
Having Keith on the PP is 99% politics. The same reason Darling walked or was traded after outplaying Corey Colander all last year by a wide margin. Wet Brain Q kept going back to CC, and I am sure Darling was NOT too happy about it.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Crow usually shows up big in Montreal and hopefully the rest of the team is at least a little angry at their performance last night and we get a good rebound win.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Having Keith on the PP is 99% politics. The same reason Darling walked or was traded after outplaying Corey Colander all last year by a wide margin. Wet Brain Q kept going back to CC, and I am sure Darling was NOT too happy about it.

The Keith situation is nothing like the Darling/Crow situation. Keith has NEVER been good on the PP while Crow before his injury was playing at a Veizna level. They are actually nothing alike.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Ah, didn't take long for random Crow nonsense to get in here.

Also, you do realize that Corey Colander is a dumb nickname, right? Because colanders stop everything that you throw at them from going through except water. So, in essence, you're saying he's doing a good job stopping everything that other team throws at him.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

:huh:

Crow was playing at a Vezina front-runner level before losing his appendix...

Last edited:

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

I had game 4 on my Hawks bingo card for hot Crow/Darling take!

1UHR0OwxXZlWNZN.gif

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Also, you do realize that Corey Colander is a dumb nickname, right? Because colanders stop everything that you throw at them from going through except water. So, in essence, you're saying he's doing a good job stopping everything that other team throws at him.

Haha.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Oh for the love of....

:laugh:

Reactions: ChiHawks10

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Why would I want to reflect on a painful loss? I don't even like reflecting on a painful win.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Why would I want to reflect on a painful loss? I don't even like reflecting on a painful win.
Every win is painful in here. There were complaints after the 10-1 win. Some people live to moan, when there is nothing to moan about they invent something or simply don't post. It's sad really, some don't know how good we have had it or refuse to acknowledge it.

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com

In ASSence I am saying CC=SIEVE. Get it Spanky?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
So with Franson in we will have 2 very slow Dmen (Seabs and Franson) (and Q probably sits Rutta our leading offense gy frpm the point ?I predict Franson to the p-box with 3 penalties for hauling guys down from behind ...If Seabs was gassed from his 35 shifts last night as he progressively got worse over that game due to fatigue ...howctgey hell will Seabs be able to move tonoght? IF Q's genius plan includes Seabs and Franson we are hanging g MTL an easy path to victory skating by 2 pylons on the right side D...If on the other hand Franson replaces Seabrook...then maybe Keith can cover for him and Seabs gets some rest so he will play better next game ...But both in...a ski g for it,Q...a ski g for big trouble ...

Matt Ravlich

Oct 1, 2017
BC
saultonline.com
Every win is painful in here. There were complaints after the 10-1 win. Some people live to moan, when there is nothing to moan about they invent something or simply don't post. It's sad really, some don't know how good we have had it or refuse to acknowledge it.
Until Hawks go 82-0 and 16-0 in playoffs, and win every game at least 10-0 there is ALWAYS room for IMPROVEMENT. Mindless cheerleaders from 2010 on don't seem to get that.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
My specialty is moaning about people's moaning. So stop moaning ... you.

I'd like to also pat myself on the back for predicting Toew's PPG this season (because none of you are :(). I am awesome. Thank you.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
So with Franson in we will have 2 very slow Dmen (Seabs and Franson) (and Q probably sits Rutta our leading offense gy frpm the point ?I predict Franson to the p-box with 3 penalties for hauling guys down from behind ...If Seabs was gassed from his 35 shifts last night as he progressively got worse over that game due to fatigue ...howctgey hell will Seabs be able to move tonoght? IF Q's genius plan includes Seabs and Franson we are hanging g MTL an easy path to victory skating by 2 pylons on the right side D...If on the other hand Franson replaces Seabrook...then maybe Keith can cover for him and Seabs gets some rest so he will play better next game ...But both in...a ski g for it,Q...a ski g for big trouble ...
That's tough. Before Franson even gets on the ice, he gets on Fiddy's poop list.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Until Hawks go 82-0 and 16-0 in playoffs, and win every game at least 10-0 there is ALWAYS room for IMPROVEMENT. Mindless cheerleaders from 2010 on don't seem to get that.
Is there really anyone who wouldn't have taken a 2-0-1 record after 3 games against the defending champs, another team that had 108 points last season, and a third team that was was a young and improving playoff team from last season, all while outscoring the opposition 18-6? There were a few in here who didn't think this seasons Hawks were even a playoff team.

Count your blessings, we could be 0-3.

LordKOTL

Abuse of Officials
Aug 15, 2014
Pacific NW
I don't have a problem with Franson getting a look, as long as it's not for Rutta who's been great.

And in spite of what the bandwagoners think, If Crawford was a sieve early on Crawford vs. Darling's numbers would be reversed: 2GA on 62 shots for a .968 SV% for Crawford vs. 3GF on 27 shots for a .852 SV% for Darling.

I'm not so obtuse to assume neither number will normalize, but if Crawford was really as bad as the bandwaggoners think he is, he would have been lit up like a Christmas tree against Columbus when the D slacked off in the 2nd.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Just an alert, Hawks site is saying it'll be on ye old NBCsports, but my Dirctv guide has the game listed on NBCsports Chicago. Might be best to keep an eye on both networks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad