Proposal: Hawks (Chicago) and Flyers (Philadelphia) Re-Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Of course I'm going to "defend" my trade in thought process but after I was "educated" further I understood that it was too much. I'm not sure why you picked a comment that was written before the one I quoted.

Also, politely ridiculed lol.

"Troll"
"laughed at"
"Does Chicago take Philly out to supper before they **** them?"
"worst proposal ever"
"No. and you should feel bad."
"I threw up in my mouth a little"
"Thank you to the OP for reminding me where these teams reside. I would have been lost without it."

Lmfao this site is so toxic sometimes.

If im being honest, this is being polite. I suppose its all in the eye of the beholder, but if youre asking for a teams 20 year old #1, you should offer up something that fits with their needs. And if you dont know what those needs are....you shouldnt be proposing a trade for said player. #TheMoreYouKnow

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Can't see the Hawks wanting to trade Keith even though he is showing clear signs of decline.
Simmonds would be great for a team with a legit chance of competing for the Cup this year ... can't say the Hawks are there ... maybe but not likely.

thesaadfather

Kneel Before Saad!
Jan 30, 2014
Ohio
If im being honest, this is being polite. I suppose its all in the eye of the beholder, but if youre asking for a teams 20 year old #1, you should offer up something that fits with their needs. And if you dont know what those needs are....you shouldnt be proposing a trade for said player. #TheMoreYouKnow
No, not really. He made a bad proposal, it happens all the time. That’s the whole point of making a proposal, to get feedback. That’s how people learn player values. People didn’t need people to come in and insult him, the point could’ve been made by simply explaining how good Provorov is and what Philly’s needs are. Instead people come in and insult and ridicule him for a mistake, like they’ve never made one before. It just makes this place toxic.

I recognize that this behavior is unlikely to change, but it certainly isn’t justified as you’re saying. No decent person would ridicule somebody every time they made a mistake in the real world, maybe they shouldn’t do it online either.

TL;DR: Someone making a mistake or being ignorant isn’t justification for being a ****.

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
I've made at least one shit proposal before(probably more) but when it got slammed it proved to me just how poorly thought out it was. There was a few constructive comments , but the brutal ones helped emphasize that the constructive comments were not just opinions but held water as well.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Both teams are quite skilled but playing well below their expectations, I think this trade shakes both of these teams up.

CHI
Simmonds
Provorov
Lehtera
1st (PHI 2018)
2nd (PHI 2019)

PHI
Keith
Saad

Philadelphia (Flyers) can afford to give up one of their youngsters on D, top power forward and picks while ridding themselves of Lehtera. They gain massive star power in Keith, and Saad is no slouch himself. This gives a great leader on defense to learn from and a fresh face on the wing. Both players are very experienced playoff winners.

Chicago (Blackhawks) give up some star power for balance and can extend their dynasty. Provorov gives them possible Keith replacement while Simmonds can give them a massive physical threat that can score and bang. They also receive good draft picks that they can either flip for players they need or to continue their stellar drafting and development. The only "downside" is Lehtera but maybe being in Chicago motivates him and if not he's gone in two years or maybe flipped with the PHI 2nd 2017 for cap space purposes.

I think this trade breathes new life into each team.
Let me guess, you are a Blackhawks fan ???

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
One of the worst proposals I have ever seen + OP defending it. Sad.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
The problem is that you have no idea what you're trading for. Provorov is already a #1D. You think he's a maybe-sorta-couldbe #1D...he's already there dude.

Flyers get SMACKED in this trade...therefore we do not do it.
Provorov is a dynamite player but no way is he a number one franchise type defensemen. He is not Doughty, Hedman, Karlson, Suter, PK, and i can name plenty more.

Number one defensemen change the fortunes of their teams...Provorov to me looks like a great number 3 defenseman or maybe a compliment number 2 guy to a real number one guy.

I have seen him play 20 times and he is solid....But not a number one.

Now he is only 20 so if he can improve the possibility remains....But lets not put the buggy before the horse.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Provorov is a dynamite player but no way is he a number one franchise type defensemen. He is not Doughty, Hedman, Karlson, Suter, PK, and i can name plenty more.

Number one defensemen change the fortunes of their teams...Provorov to me looks like a great number 3 defenseman or maybe a compliment number 2 guy to a real number one guy.

Now he is only 20 so if he can improve the possibility remains....But lets not put the buggy before the horse.

Well I don't know how to make you see what's in front of you, so there's no point in trying to convince you.

Reactions: Arwin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa

Turns out the OP wasn't the troll after all.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Lol...just an awful post.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Lol...just an awful post.
Got any thing to back that up ? Or you just playing FANBOY. Cause i say your playing FANBOY.

I was at the Bruin/Flyer game last week. Now Charlie McAvoy, thats what a young future number one franchise DMAN looks like.

Nice player. Not a one.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Got any thing to back that up ? Or you just playing FANBOY. Cause i say your playing FANBOY.

I was at the Bruin/Flyer game last week. Now Charlie McAvoy, thats what a young future number one franchise DMAN looks like.

Nice player. Not a one.
Boy. Not sure if there are other young dmen with more things in common than MacAvoy and Provorov.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Nice player. Not a one.
Ah yes.. McAvoy...the guy who gets to play with a former Norris winner while Provy gets to drag around Andrew MacDonald.

Both will be #1's. Provy already is....and has been for awhile. Guess we will have to suffer thru having the 6th highest ES Dman in the league.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Both teams are quite skilled but playing well below their expectations, I think this trade shakes both of these teams up.

CHI
Simmonds
Provorov
Lehtera
1st (PHI 2018)
2nd (PHI 2019)

PHI
Keith
Saad

Philadelphia (Flyers) can afford to give up one of their youngsters on D, top power forward and picks while ridding themselves of Lehtera. They gain massive star power in Keith, and Saad is no slouch himself. This gives a great leader on defense to learn from and a fresh face on the wing. Both players are very experienced playoff winners.

Chicago (Blackhawks) give up some star power for balance and can extend their dynasty. Provorov gives them possible Keith replacement while Simmonds can give them a massive physical threat that can score and bang. They also receive good draft picks that they can either flip for players they need or to continue their stellar drafting and development. The only "downside" is Lehtera but maybe being in Chicago motivates him and if not he's gone in two years or maybe flipped with the PHI 2nd 2017 for cap space purposes.

I think this trade breathes new life into each team.

I'm sure this has already been covered but I don't feel like reading all of the comments.

The Flyers are not trading Ivan Provorov.

/thread

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Ah yes.. McAvoy...the guy who gets to play with a former Norris winner while Provy gets to drag around Andrew MacDonald.

Both will be #1's. Provy already is....and has been for awhile. Guess we will have to suffer thru having the 6th highest ES Dman in the league.
LOL, McAvoy is the one helping Chara...And he plays with Gryelyck also quite a bit. I should have remembered i was talking with Flyer fans about number one franchise type defensmen. This is a subject Flyer fans i expect would have trouble with being they have never had a franchise DMAN. Mark Howe was great and could be built around but not sure he was a generational talent like Doughty, Karlson, Hedman.

McAvoy is already meeting those expectations. Provy is a nice 3-4 guy on a bunch of teams but i agree he would be a one or your team. Trouble is i see them promoting the Ghost kid alot more then Provy........I will say they are a great 3-4 tandem.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
A thread like this needs all the comments about just how bad this is so that each time you make proposals after this and you are told you are out to lunch and see how slightly more respectful it is the closer you are. You are never going to get 2 teams to agree on a deal but the more extreme the hyperbole the further you realize you are. This time you just happened to be trading LeBron James for Tom Brady man it was like you weren't even in the same sport but it happens to everyone.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
LOL, McAvoy is the one helping Chara...And he plays with Gryelyck also quite a bit. I should have remembered i was talking with Flyer fans about number one franchise type defensmen. This is a subject Flyer fans i expect would have trouble with being they have never had a franchise DMAN. Mark Howe was great and could be built around but not sure he was a generational talent like Doughty, Karlson, Hedman.

McAvoy is already meeting those expectations. Provy is a nice 3-4 guy on a bunch of teams but i agree he would be a one or your team. Trouble is i see them promoting the Ghost kid alot more then Provy........I will say they are a great 3-4 tandem.
I don't even know where to begin here.

If you think Ghost is ~ on par with Provorov, then I don't know what to tell you. That's really all anyone needs to see regarding your opinion on the matter.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I don't even know where to begin here.

If you think Ghost is ~ on par with Provorov, then I don't know what to tell you. That's really all anyone needs to see regarding your opinion on the matter.
Not me, but it seems the management and PR department of your team spend a lot more time promoting him then they do your "supposed" number one....

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Go ahead and make a poll asking if Provy is a 3/4 or a 1/2. If you think he is a 3/4 then you have questionable hockey knowledge.

And in what way is Doughty and Hedman generational talents...dear lord.

And yes, Howe was great....3 time Norris finalist...2 time runner up and a HHOF. Unfortunately, he played when Coffey and Bourque did so was overshadowed.

Was Pronger a #1 with Philly? Timonen?

Actually, don't even respond. The Flyers will happily keep their #3/4 Dman

Reactions: MSSLYNX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad