Pre-Game Talk: Hawks at Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Id like to see Toews get matched up against sid tonight.

His effort defensively has been a problem this year, so make him give a shit tonight. I want to see him in his old matchup center bag when you could rely on him to shut the other guy down and pot a goal or assist on top.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Last game Gus seemed to make a baby step working towards last years version. I hope that can continue as the Hawks are crying out for offensive help from the back end.

Reactions: AmericanDream

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Id like to see Toews get matched up against sid tonight.

His effort defensively has been a problem this year, so make him give a **** tonight. I want to see him in his old matchup center bag when you could rely on him to shut the other guy down and pot a goal or assist on top.
If Toews is with Saad and Nylander ... you have to think he will.

Of course, you never know with JC. He's constantly changing lines during the game.

Knowing JC, we'll probably have the Cat - Strome - Kane along with Seabrook and Gus on the ice against Sid.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
It's strange, but the Hawks never lose against the Penguins. Currently riding a 10 game win streak.

Toews is cryptonite to Crosby.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017

Of course, you never know with JC. He's constantly changing lines during the game.

Knowing JC, we'll probably have the Cat - Strome - Kane along with Seabrook and Gus on the ice against Sid.
Well as pitt gets last change that very well could end up happening.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

That line scares me any time they don't have possession. TBH, I'm surprised that JC has stuck with it. If they're out against Sid, he'll eat them up.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017

?????
Guessing they want them fresh for toronto tomorrow. Not used to NHL grind either.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

?????
Guessing they want them fresh for toronto tomorrow. Not used to NHL grind either.

I'd rather have Lehner starting against the Pens after his performance against them in the playoffs. However, he had success against the Leafs last year too.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
?????

Yup. Which Colliton has stated numerous times with the rookies.

it's back to back games..no real issue here...people flipped out when Smith drew in and he played fine..chill the **** out people.

Bingo. Said it in the last GT when everyone was throwing a fit.

coolhand

Jan 20, 2016
Streamwood, IL
Hawks always seem to do well against the Pens. I still remember the outdoor game at Soldier Field in the snow. Awesome game that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad