GDT: Hawks at Blues - 7PM CT on NBCSCH+ -Twas the Game Before Christmas Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Last year the Blackhawks PLAYED FOR Alex Stalock and Jaxson Stauber…that’s all I want to see…
Last year the roster had a bunch of stick together veterans battling. They have some this year, but it's not the collective or identity. They're not going to have that in them with do many rookies or low effort vets

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
I don’t know what the solution is or who is out there (ranta, etc.), but I do know that Soderblun can’t play another game for the hawks. Period.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Seems like a situation where you are trying to grind a guy to play better and you’re hyper focused on everything they do.

They were legit good tonight.
It’s the same criticism over and over. Luke doesn’t know how to coach talent, only to tell his players to grind harder. It’s becoming obvious nothing will change as long as he’s around.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
in the third period, we saw some of the worst goaltending, defensive play, officiating and coaching you will see all year. Richardson is not an NHL coach.

Reactions: Pez68 and ray c

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
He said it wasn’t the fourth lines night and they were 10-1 on shot attempts while they were on the ice. Almost baffling for a guy to say that. It’s like he didn’t comprehend what he was watching which I find almost impossible for a guy who played that many games. Which means it’s like.. confirmation bias every time Reichel does something bad.

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
He said it wasn’t the fourth lines night and they were 10-1 on shot attempts while they were on the ice. Almost baffling for a guy to say that. It’s like he didn’t comprehend what he was watching which I find almost impossible for a guy who played that many games. Which means it’s like.. confirmation bias every time Reichel does something bad.

Really?

That line was killing it all game, WTF.

Reactions: Pez68 and TLEH

MarotteMarauder

Jul 23, 2022
The team is fast, they play much more physically than recent past. Not big hitters but most guys take a piece of the body and rub guys out over the entire ice surface.
Effort is there and that can go a LONG way
Need Reichel to figure things out a bit more IMO
The title of that thread was-"The Hawks are fun to watch again"
What happened since October?
Isn't a well coached team supposed to improve?

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
When you have a terrible roster with an AHL goalie and coaches these things happen. It was unfortunate and you could see the frustration with Bedard breaking his stick at the end, need more talent plain and simple. I can’t see them just letting/hoping/praying a significant number of these baby draft picks develop into stars over the years, they need more talent for Bedard to play with after this season. Not saying a complete go for it by any means but a few pieces, the kid is going to run out of sticks at this rate……

And that goal of his was amazing, he is the real deal even at 18

Reactions: Idionym

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Despite all the criticism, this team is so much worse when Seth Jones is out. Add Vlasic to the sidelines and the D corps is cooked.

One also has to question the team's conditioning. After playing the night before, they were skating in mud in the 3rd period.
He also benched a line in the 3rd, making everyone else of course more tired down.

Yeah, but that's on not playing everyone

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
Soda is a good goalie to have for the tank. Call it bad luck, call it whatever you want. He’s playing the same way Mrazek played last year - team has to score 4 to 5 goals a game any night he’s in net.

I never felt comfortable at any point in the game last night.
Up 3-1? Nope.
Up 4-2? Nope.
Up 5-2? Nope.

I could just tell that the lead wouldn’t be safe. The second the Blues made it 5-4, I knew it was curtains. The Hawks generated 2 shots in the third and gave up 22 against.

It’s comedic how they’ve looked so bad against meh teams this season yet they’re 2-0 against the Leafs.

Did Luke call a timeout at all during the game last night when the Blues had them on the ropes?

Anyway, much like last season, the more losses the Hawks accumulate this year, the better. Dead last would have them picking no worse than 3rd and to be honest with everyone I don’t expect the Hawks to have the same luck with the lottery like they did last season.

On that note Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everybody!

Dead Meat

Apr 27, 2004
IMG_7957.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad