News Article: Hawks All-Decade Team

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Pretty straightforward if they're doing lw/rw, but it's kind of silly in that Hossa is so much more valuable than Sharp.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Rather make the whole team. And include only their best season as Blackhawk.

Patrick Sharp - Jonathan Toews - Marian Hossa
Artemi Panarin - Artem Anisimov - Patrick Kane
Andrew Ladd - Dave Bolland - Brandon Saad
Alex DeBrincat - Dylan Strome - Teuvo Teräväinen
Andrew Shaw, Nick Schmaltz

Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook
Brian Campbell - Niklas Hjalmarsson
Johnny Oduya - Dustin Byfuglien
Erik Gustafsson

Corey Crawford
Antti Niemi

This is all offense I know but 1st and 3rd line would match up those Penguins teams pretty effectively. My only problem was Teräväinen, but I put him there because of his 2015 playoffs. I’d put that team against any best of the best team on this decade.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Rather make the whole team. And include only their best season as Blackhawk.

Patrick Sharp - Jonathan Toews - Marian Hossa
Artemi Panarin - Artem Anisimov - Patrick Kane
Andrew Ladd - Dave Bolland - Brandon Saad
Alex DeBrincat - Dylan Strome - Teuvo Teräväinen
Andrew Shaw, Nick Schmaltz

Duncan Keith - Brent Seabrook
Brian Campbell - Niklas Hjalmarsson
Johnny Oduya - Dustin Byfuglien
Erik Gustafsson

Corey Crawford
Antti Niemi

This is all offense I know but 1st and 3rd line would match up those Penguins teams pretty effectively. My only problem was Teräväinen, but I put him there because of his 2015 playoffs. I’d put that team against any best of the best team on this decade.

I like it, but I'd put Vermette over Anisimov.

Reactions: COHawk

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Positionally it's a straight forward choice. You can make an argument for hammer over seabs. Hossa is tough to not see on there.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
No it should because Hammer made a huge impact but Seabrook was the better player (bigger impact). Nothing wrong with the debate on it as it does not diminish what Seabrook did for this team.

You're talking about an all decade team (top 3 forwards and top 2 D) which was the point of the ESPN article. We all know Hammer was great for us but for the context of this, it shouldn't be debated.

Rooh

GENERATIONAL TANK COMMANDER
Jul 4, 2017
We make fun of him now, but that doesn't change anything regarding his contribution to the three cups.
Seabs was real nice from 2010-2014 and solid in 2015 as well. But since 2016 he's arguably been one of the worst d-men in the league.

I still appreciate what he did for the cup teams, but this is an all-decade team. I just can't put him over Hammer considering his last 3-4 years.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Seabrook early part of decade was > Hammer

Seabrook was easily a bigger piece for Hawks in the first two cup runs and even in 2015 he was still very valuable

Just because he sucks now doesn't change reality that he was our 2nd best defender thru decade

Lets not forget Hammer was a bit lackluster in 10-11 and 11-12 after signing that contract with Sharks

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
You're talking about an all decade team (top 3 forwards and top 2 D) which was the point of the ESPN article. We all know Hammer was great for us but for the context of this, it shouldn't be debated.

I am simply stating that their value to the team over that period is not this huge gap where a debate about it absurd. Seabrook had rough spots during the good years just like Hammer did. I would rank the Keith >> Seabrook > Hammer.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Seabrook early part of decade was > Hammer

Seabrook was easily a bigger piece for Hawks in the first two cup runs and even in 2015 he was still very valuable

Just because he sucks now doesn't change reality that he was our 2nd best defender thru decade

Lets not forget Hammer was a bit lackluster in 10-11 and 11-12 after signing that contract with Sharks

No one is forgetting that just like no one forgets Seabrook having rough spots.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
No it should because Hammer made a huge impact but Seabrook was the better player (bigger impact). Nothing wrong with the debate on it as it does not diminish what Seabrook did for this team.

There’s definitely arguments to be made for Hjalmarsson being > Seabs, but ultimately I think it’s pretty clear that Seabrook was the more impactful/better player than Hjalmarsson in the timeframe we’re talking about.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Seabs and Kane were so clutch in 2013. Seabrook gwg to tie series 2-2 in Boston and obv the Detroit goal. Kane with the dagger against LA...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad