Hawerchuk vs. Peter Stastny

Rhiessan71

Just a Fool
Feb 17, 2003
Guelph, Ont
Visit site
I always loved Dale, a smart and very crafty player.

As already noted, he did more with less.

Peter had his whole family with him as well as Goulet.

I have to admit though that I might be a tad biased here as I absolutely hated the Nords, more than any other team and still do to this day.
Funny though, how I don't have a problem with the Av's, Montreal vs Quebec thing I guess and it was freakin brutal.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
people are definitely underrating how offensively dominant Stastny was if they say this is close, or that Savard is close.

You don't think Hawerchuk and Stastny are close offensively???

They both peaked around the same level during the same time but in my opinion Stastny had better help on his wings.

I saw them both and I definitely wouldn't say there is much separation between them offensively.. I picked Ducky though.. I just like the guy.

pirate94

Mar 18, 2010
I think all players mentioned are great, i just look at Hawerchuk, his team, his seasons and his consistency post-prime

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Well if it's about who we "like" better, sure, let's all pick Hawerchuk.

I think its close, I think Hawerchuk was actually a little better at his peak to be honest, and I like him.

Plus he has a funny nickname so really its Hawerchuk all the way.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
I'm not seeing how Stastny was more offensively dominant over Hawerchuk by any great degree

Mostly cause he wasn't. :)

If Hawerchuks hip didn't start slowing him down he probably would have reeled off a few more 100 point seasons too.. but it was degenerative.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad