Havlat PTO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Man, there are a LOT of fairly well known veterans out there who are either on PTOs, or have no offer whatsoever. That slow growth in the cap has, as predicted, hurt older, fringe veterans hardest...

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
They spoke about this last week on the radio and he pretty much has zero chance here.

No, but still mutually beneficial. He gets to train with an NHL team to keep in shape and show of what he might still have left in case someone needs him later. We get a veteran who can give the kids some tips and a little more competition that forces those kids to work as hard as they can for their spot. Unless Mach9 has recovered a bit of his youth over the summer, I'd say he has close to 0% chance of cracking the opening night roster.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Randy Lee made it sound like they don't have any intention of bringing anybody to camp on PTO's. He doesn't feel it's fair to bring guys in that you know you can't offer a contract simply due to the numbers game.

BigBush*

I'd like to watch Havlat in camp and use him as a benchmark for Puempel and Prince

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Randy Lee made it sound like they don't have any intention of bringing anybody to camp on PTO's. He doesn't feel it's fair to bring guys in that you know you can't offer a contract simply due to the numbers game.

And I'd agree with him. Unless, of course, the situation was explained clearly and the player knew he was there only to help the kids and keep up his fitness for possible offers from other teams.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
probably best for us. will be crying if he gets up to 70 pts:(

like... at a bar-quiz night? Skee-ball?

Help me out here, because you can't be talking about hockey. He has one 70 point season in his entire career, and that was in his absolute prime. He's not ever getting another one.

I love Marty too, but if if we're being realistic... if he got even 40 this season, that would be a massive, massive win for him.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's all about the crest on the front of the jersey, not the nameplate on the back.

Like that Disney movie says...let it go.

CTC

Oct 9, 2014
It is for the best. But if he does not get the contract I think EM missed out on some extra revenue. Would also be nice for the team to showcase a little history and trot out the old guard, ala Montreal. We do not celebrate history all too much given our expansion date and its clearly audible by the fans and how they boo the big names that get were once here: Yashin, Chara, Heatley, Spezza, etc.
Thankfully Alfie retained his hero status so it gives us something to build on but I think this team/fans need to be appreciative of the stars that we did have and all the great moments they brought while here. I get that the players I listed are still playing elsewhere so it makes a difference but hopefully in the next 10 years we can have those heritage nights and bring in an a Senator that was prominent in developing this franchise.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
like... at a bar-quiz night? Skee-ball?

Help me out here, because you can't be talking about hockey. He has one 70 point season in his entire career, and that was in his absolute prime. He's not ever getting another one.

I love Marty too, but if if we're being realistic... if he got even 40 this season, that would be a massive, massive win for him.

i don't expect to be crying. that's all. i'm not too disappointed if he ends up somewhere else. BUT, if we had a chance to get him here (being one of my all time favorites) and he shows he's still able to put a good season together, I could be sad. I'm not saying that's likely, it's just the one scenario that could make me wish he was here.
Obviously 70 pts is at the high end of what is likely possible. Point is, if he gets 40 who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad