Confirmed with Link: Haula to the Hurricanes for Nicholas Roy + Conditional 5th round pick (2021)

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Roy is a right handed big C. 720k cap hit, 22 years of age and doesn't have to pass through waivers. Tells you all you need to know about this deal.

Did pretty well against the Wolves for the Charlotte Checkers in the Calder finals. They must have liked what they've seen. He'll probably replace Carpenter.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sounds like Roy is tagged for AHL (or still in CHL or wherever) as he's labeled a prospect.

IOW, someone who won't be on the NHL payroll next season so is giving cap relief too.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Roy has NHL skill, but skating is an issue. He's a center Nosek. Obviously, they like his upside enough to target him in lieu of a draft pick. He's waiver exempt for another year and then should be a league minimum bridge-type coming out of entry level.

Haula is a great fit for Carolina's needs. As a follower of both teams, it's a fair trade under the cicumstances (Haula's injury, the limited term on his contract and the cap crunch combining to drive down his value).

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I feel bad for Haula because of the timing. He's getting married here this weekend and I know that he also bought a home last year too. But he was one of the players that many felt would be traded because of the cap crunch. I like Stone a lot and I think he'll be worth his contract, but acquiring him means that we'll likely have to trade 2 more players minimum.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I feel bad for Haula because of the timing. He's getting married here this weekend and I know that he also bought a home last year too. But he was one of the players that many felt would be traded because of the cap crunch. I like Stone a lot and I think he'll be worth his contract, but acquiring him means that we'll likely have to trade 2 more players minimum.

Maybe he'll re-sign here next summer.
(probably not after getting traded just before his wedding)

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Sounds like this guy is good on the PK. Maybe he is the replacement for PEB?

This kid would inject some youth into the 4th line as Reaves is also in his 30’s.

Reactions: VegasKnightlife

VegasKnightlife

Aug 20, 2017
Had to be done, but will wish Haula all the best except for when he plays VGK. Bummer on the timing with his wedding.

I see a lot of fans bummed on Twitter about the trade, but to sign Stone and Wild Bill long term this was a necessity.

Hopefully with another trade they can sign Gusev to a long term deal.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I mean on the bright side at least we are in a crunch because we have valuable players..... and Holden. Really suck to be over the cap, and your pieces are awful.

Gusev is better than Haula, I think is their assessment. So, it seemed there was a redundancy. I wonder if Eakin would be moved.

I think Miller and Holden are the trade bait and Clarkson to LTIR. One of Eakin or Reaves might also need to be traded.

Reactions: derriko

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Man was reading a pretty bad opinion on Facebook. Vegas should have traded Karlsson so they could keep Haula. because Haula's contract was cheaper and it was stupid to trade, Karlsson should have been traded because he cost more who cares how good his contract is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad