Value of: Haula to EDM

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
If Klefbom counts? He is our best defenceman so I don't know what you mean if he counts. Even if you look in the big picture Oilers can not trade both Eberle and RNH. Even with Pomenville coming back our RW depth is not very good. Before we signed The Monster I liked the proposed trade from Wildfans with Kuemper, Zucker and Dumba for RNH.
To be frank, your winger depth will not be as important to you when you have blue line depth. Besides, Pulj, Pominville, and Yak RW depth will be decent considering your centers.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Partial NMC. Nobody knows if he would have to waive or not.

Scandella, Dumba, Haula, and Pominville for RNH, Eberle, and Nurse.

After a deep breath, both teams realize that they fixed their issues in one trade.

Close but not quite there. Needs some minor adjustment and it is a deal.

Sweoilers

Jun 14, 2015
In the kindest possible way. Oilers defense is not very good. Being the best Oilers D is like going to allstar game in the AHL. Promising, but just promising.

Watched 20 oilers games last year and Klefbom would be 3rd pair in Wild.

Klefbom would be on your second pair and considering that you said that with Klefbom we would have two top 4 LH Dmen I guess you are talking about Sekera. So what you are saying is that Sekera would be on your top 4 but not Klefbom, and Klefbom sich the better defenceman. Doesn't make sense to me.
I do agree that our defence has been skit the last 10 years. PS the games you saw then Klefbom was carrying an anchor called Schultz.

Last edited:

Sweoilers

Jun 14, 2015
To be frank, your winger depth will not be as important to you when you have blue line depth. Besides, Pulj, Pominville, and Yak RW depth will be decent considering your centers.

I do see your point but none of them are proven goal scorers. Sure, Puljujarvi and Yak has potential to score 25-30 goals a season and Pominville could maybe score 15-20 but we don't have a single proven scorer. Eberle is our only proven scorer now since Hall is gone. If it had to go down to it I would probably do it but I still think it would hurt. Ps would that trade even work cap wise?

Golden Gophers 4649

Minnesota Hockey Fan
Jun 15, 2015
Minneapolis
Nah, thats better for mn as it actually addresses our needs. I'd do that but I'm higher on RNH than most wild fans.

WTF! You realize Haula became a much more effective point producer with a new coach than he was under Yeo?

Not to mention the Wild would likely never deal Spurgeon for RNH. I mean they balked at Dumba and a 2nd for RNH. Sorry, try again!

RNH is a nice player but you can't deal two important pieces for him unless he proves he can truly be an elite center.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
WTF! You realize Haula became a much more effective point producer with a new coach than he was under Yeo?

Not to mention the Wild would likely never deal Spurgeon for RNH. I mean they balked at Dumba and a 2nd for RNH. Sorry, try again!

RNH is a nice player but you can't deal two important pieces for him unless he proves he can truly be an elite center.

And if he proves that it's gonna cost you alot more than dumba and a 2nd.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

The Wild would happily give Edmonton Spurgeon+ for RNH. They wanted to trade Dumba +2nd for Nugent-Hopkins, but we don't have a 2nd round pick for like... The next 20 years.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The Wild would happily give Edmonton Spurgeon+ for RNH. They wanted to trade Dumba +2nd for Nugent-Hopkins, but we don't have a 2nd round pick for like... The next 20 years.

You don't speak for all Wild fans, and certainly not for GM Fletcher. Any add on top of Spurgeon, if any, would be a token add.

Since the trade for Laarson and the signing of Staal, EDM and MN have become less likely trade partners. In other words, if they couldn't get a deal done before, why would they do one now?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You don't speak for all Wild fans, and certainly not for GM Fletcher. Any add on top of Spurgeon, if any, would be a token add.

Since the trade for Laarson and the signing of Staal, EDM and MN have become less likely trade partners. In other words, if they couldn't get a deal done before, why would they do one now?

Yeah the signing of Staal pretty much signaled an end to us shopping our defenders until the trade deadline unless someone approaches us with an offer we can't refuse.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Pretty sure my proposal accounted for Staal, Larsson, and team's long-term cap situations.

The point is no deal is going to happen and that's why we signed Staal/the result of signing Staal. Fletcher didn't want to trade any of the defensemen, and signing Staal allowed him to keep them in the hopes that Staal can play top 6 C and moving Granlund to wing will help our offense. So even if you account for Staal, it's not happening.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad