Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Haula got Shrek'd

h959D4900

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
It happened very early in the 1st period, but Haula played the rest of the game with a jaw protector. Respect.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
True. He was bold but not sure if it was a wise thing to do.

Considering his paycheck will come from the NHL and not from playing in some stupid IIHF event that was about as corrupt as the World Cup will be, I would hope he is wiser in the forthcoming years

Lennu32

Oct 4, 2011
Considering his paycheck will come from the NHL and not from playing in some stupid IIHF event that was about as corrupt as the World Cup will be, I would hope he is wiser in the forthcoming years

Players from Europe don't consider playing in World Championships stupid, even if North Americans might do. It's always an honor to play for your country. Sometimes **** just happens.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Players from Europe don't consider playing in World Championships stupid, even if North Americans might do. It's always an honor to play for your country. Sometimes **** just happens.

Then why didn't more premiere Euro players in the NHL go back to play in it if its regarded as an honor?

I know what you're saying, but there is a reason they didn't. This is where their paycheck is and it is better to either go back to their home country or stay in their homes here and heal and train for next season than waste time in something like it. I watched a few of the games and it was absolutely horrifying to see those refs. From what I recall reading, these refs felt so bad that after it was over they apologized to certain nations because they royally ****ed them.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I agree with the poster in the IIHF thread who said Malkin was pulling a Messier. "You wanna hit me? Then you're gonna have to pay for it." combined with trying to protect himself at the cost of his opponent's safety. Dirty play, to be certain. But I think Malkin was more concerned about himself than Haula's well-being.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I agree with the poster in the IIHF thread who said Malkin was pulling a Messier. "You wanna hit me? Then you're gonna have to pay for it." combined with trying to protect himself at the cost of his opponent's safety. Dirty play, to be certain. But I think Malkin was more concerned about himself than Haula's well-being.

Exactly, but I would've understood that logic had it been, say, Komarov trying to run him. Haula is not exactly a big hitter.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
I would hope he is wiser in the forthcoming years

To step aside every time he gets touched with a stick in the face? I don't think he felt like his jaw was broken. Or felt the contact was bad enough for him to have a concussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad