News Article: Haugh, with Bovquist & Zach up it Looks like a Dev season, then why keep Kane & Toews?

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I hate that you made a new thread for this like that, my heart skipped a beat thinking it was a trade.

So what if Boqvist is up? Ppl only making these claims coz he's the shiny prospect along with Dach. Gilbert is up now for two games yet nobody gave a f***. He could be down as soon as next game who knows. Both could be.

Dach is a completely unique situation because he's good enough without being AHL eligible.

But at the end of the day, if our best players are the 18 year olds, then they are the one who should be playing. The best roster gets iced always (unless rare coach stubbornness).

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I hate that you made a new thread for this like that, my heart skipped a beat thinking it was a trade.

So what if Boqvist is up? Ppl only making these claims coz he's the shiny prospect along with Dach. Gilbert is up now for two games yet nobody gave a ****. He could be down as soon as next game who knows. Both could be.

Dach is a completely unique situation because he's good enough without being AHL eligible.

But at the end of the day, if our best players are the 18 year olds, then they are the one who should be playing. The best roster gets iced always (unless rare coach stubbornness).

Completely different situations. Gilbert was called up when Murphy was injured and placed on LTIR. Boqvist was brought up, and no one was sent down, and nothing else changed. No injuries that we know of. No subsequent moves. So of course there's cause for speculation.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Completely different situations. Gilbert was called up when Murphy was injured and placed on LTIR. Boqvist was brought up, and no one was sent down, and nothing else changed. No injuries that we know of. No subsequent moves. So of course there's cause for speculation.

Sure, we re doing that in the other thread. My point was against the specific speculation that its signaling we are committed to a development year and could blow it up any second... Coz I think that's literally the farthest from the most likely reason.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
It was always going to be a development year; we weren't contenders heading into the season.

Difference then was we were hoping we'd at least make the playoffs, which would help guys like Cat, Strome, and Dach get playoff experience. Now that looks less likely to wind up being the case, though it's still early.

Cowch

Jan 24, 2019
Lmao all this rebuild talk. Dach and Boqvist are better options for CONTENTION than the vets. Nothing wrong with being the Bruins (I recognize we're not as good)

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
and who is going to pay the price of not only toews salary but what it will cost to trade him ...... remember he will need to waive his NMC
I'm not trading Kane. I don't think trading Toews' contract is as tough as it was 2 years ago. That said, the Hawks will lose value trading Toews. We'll never get back a fair return back due to his contract. We have to manage our expectations.

After this year, Toews has 3 years left with $21mn of cash left on his contract ... thought it's a $10.5mn cap hit per year. will Toews waive his NMC? Who knows?

Seabrook will extremely difficult to trade.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I'm not trading Kane. I don't think trading Toews' contract is as tough as it was 2 years ago. That said, the Hawks will lose value trading Toews. We'll never get back a fair return back due to his contract. We have to manage our expectations.

After this year, Toews has 3 years left with $21mn of cash left on his contract ... thought it's a $10.5mn cap hit per year. will Toews waive his NMC? Who knows?

Seabrook will extremely difficult to trade.
ref to toews...... you my friend is missing 1 huge stumbling block. if we suspect that he is injured, do you not think the other teams will have the same thoughts...... they will scrutinize him in his medical check up.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
ref to toews...... you my friend is missing 1 huge stumbling block. if we suspect that he is injured, do you not think the other teams will have the same thoughts...... they will scrutinize him in his medical check up.
Is he injured again? Or is he sick? I'm getting tired of all the same excuses.

If he's really sick or injured, maybe a team thinks he can bounce back. IMO, Toews will do far better with more talent surrounding him. So yes ... i think he still has a lot of value. Unfortunately, he's just not close to what he used to be ... one of the best forwards in the world.

Reactions: Marotte Marauder

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Is he injured again? Or is he sick? I'm getting tired of all the same excuses.

If he's really sick or injured, maybe a team thinks he can bounce back. IMO, Toews will do far better with more talent surrounding him. So yes ... i think he still has a lot of value. Unfortunately, he's just not close to what he used to be ... one of the best forwards in the world.

ref the bold, i too am in agreement with you.

ref the question of injury or illness....... who knows we as fans, i would assume, would be the last to know.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad