Has anyone on a team had to fire the captain?

thescrounger

Jul 11, 2016
We just did this today. As far as we can tell he intends to play out the season on the team. Wondering if anyone else has done this and it backfired. He stepped aside graciously at the end, but we think he's a simmering volcano ready to do something stupid.

MullerBrotenVerbeek

Aug 2, 2013
How would that even work? In our league the captains organize the team, get the league dues paid. Make sure everyone shows up and pretty much do everything.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
How would that even work? In our league the captains organize the team, get the league dues paid. Make sure everyone shows up and pretty much do everything.

If your captain doesn't do that.
That's how it happens.

I had a team I was previously on that we almost told the captain to leave... but he got ejected from the league a week before we was to do it.

He seemingly pulled money from people's league fees for personal stuff, would routinely freak out if we had MORE than 10 skaters, actually went ahead and healthy scratched me from the roster for a playoff game (I was goalie and slid out of net as we picked up a Swedish au pair to be our goalie... and I'm a far weaker skater than I am goalie), built our team's reputation to be so bad that we'd get three penalties a game and be on a short list to get more because refs were tired of his crap.

We actually had a championship game get cancelled midway through the third cause his drunk ass tried fighting three guys on the other team. He also had another one where a fight spilled into the locker room after the altercation on the ice.

connor35

May 10, 2006
We had a team in our league dislike their captain and basically the whole team quit and formed a new team.

So they didn't fire the captain so much as left right before the next season started. Granted it's Florida, so this team just rejoined. If you had a waiting list for the league, this couldn't work.

(And yes -- the new team named themselves The Mutiny)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad