Movies: Hollywood sexual harassment ( Russell Brand facing multiple allegations)

TheOriginalJez

Oct 24, 2014
A box under a bridge
If anyone owes more to him than Tarantino it could well be Kevin Smith...

Ben Affleck and Matt Damon were in a bunch of his late 90s early 00's Miramax films too... I wonder if this shame is a new feeling...

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I will never understand why these multi millionaire celebrities have to stoop this low and do such things.

These super powerful celebrities become so out of touch with the human condition after awhile.

It's usually a gradual process where they sink into a bubble of narcissism and self-entitlement, surrounded by yes-people, and they just lose all sense of the reality that most people live in.

You look at Mel Gibson, Michael Jackson, Tom Cruise, the stories get weirder and weirder.

I can certainly condemn his atrocious actions but I don't think it's possible for me to understand what it's like to be mega-rich and powerful and what that does to a person.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
These super powerful celebrities become so out of touch with the human condition after awhile.

It's usually a gradual process where they sink into a bubble of narcissism and self-entitlement, surrounded by yes-people, and they just lose all sense of the reality that most people live in.

You look at Mel Gibson, Michael Jackson, Tom Cruise, the stories get weirder and weirder.

I can certainly condemn his atrocious actions but I don't think it's possible for me to understand what it's like to be mega-rich and powerful and what that does to a person.

While I agree it seems to be the case with those you listed and others, there are also those that seem to remain very grounded even with celebrity.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Tis true. They often think they have so much power especially execs like Weinstein.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
interesting development from here in the UK

while both UK and US police are investigating the guy

UK law and US laws are slightly different.

IN the US it sounds like he has bought some women off--while the same may have happened in the UK--due to how the laws are written they can use those payoffs against him without calling the women to testify

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

It's not really just a Hollywood thing. Anytime someone has fame/wealth/power they have the potential to get away with various forms of abuse, so it just becomes a matter of whether the person with fame/wealth/power happens to be a scumbag or not.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Now he is sending his lawyers to fight on Tuesday saying that due to how his contract was written they can not fire him
Some people just don't know when it's time to take a step back. He truly seems to think that he didn't do anything really wrong and now is on the offensive to come back and work...

Reactions: Amerika

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I'm not sure the point of Harvey Weinstein suing to keep his job. Sounds like the company is already circling the drain. People are jumping ship from the company, and no one wants association with them. Talent agencies are pulling their clients from their projects.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
I'm not sure the point of Harvey Weinstein suing to keep his job. Sounds like the company is already circling the drain. People are jumping ship from the company, and no one wants association with them. Talent agencies are pulling their clients from their projects.

he wants his golden parachute and or a pay out--the longer he drags it out and the more hoops he forces them to jump through will damage the brand name worse. He figures that if he drags it out they will pay him to go away

but 4 high profile projects have now been pulled away by producers to be backed by other production houses.

I think the brand is done

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
he wants his golden parachute and or a pay out--the longer he drags it out and the more hoops he forces them to jump through will damage the brand name worse. He figures that if he drags it out they will pay him to go away

but 4 high profile projects have now been pulled away by producers to be backed by other production houses.

I think the brand is done

It still seems futile. If they're losing their existing projects, and have nothing in the cue, they're not going to have cash for payouts, especially since theirs likely to be litigation from his victims.

It seems like a morally bankrupt person trying to score a moral victory.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
It still seems futile. If they're losing their existing projects, and have nothing in the cue, they're not going to have cash for payouts, especially since theirs likely to be litigation from his victims.

It seems like a morally bankrupt person trying to score a moral victory.

he is refusing to admit he did anything wrong. this is common for people to admit they did anything wrong when everyone is telling him he has. Perspective--it sounds like he has been acting this way for 40 years and now he does not understand why people are telling him NOW it is wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad