Confirmed with Link: Hartman extension - 3 x $4M AAV

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
I would have given him as many years as he wanted at that price. It’s a travesty that this team values Foligno the same as they do Hartman.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Kap - Hartman - Zucc
Johansson - Ek - Boldy
Foligno - Rossi - Gaudreau
X - X - X

Brodin - Faber
Middleton - Spurgeon
Merrill - X

Gus
Wall

About $11.5M available next offseason. These 3 signings put the team in a weird spot the next couple years.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I suggested $3,5x4, so I´m good with this one. A year less with more money, thats about the threshold for this type of player. I do believe he can be even better than he was before, so good job on this one, Billy G.
But you are still clueless..

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Was Hartman like "Marcus, you are such a nice guy I am going to give you my 500k" ... or maybe he owed him gambling money

Last edited:

Wasted Talent

Sponsor
Aug 9, 2011
According to capfriendly:

NMC for 1st year
15 team no trade list for 2nd year
10 team no trade list for 3rd year
+ NMC to the final year of his current deal

Guerin is still handing no trade clauses like candy but at least it brought the cap hit down this time. Seems like Hartman really values not bouncing around the league.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Funny how people will use this to tear into bg for the foligno contract instead of just saying good deal.

But good deal lol

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Funny how people will use this to tear into bg for the foligno contract instead of just saying good deal.

But good deal lol
Funny how people will just say great deal instead of tearing in to BG for handing Foligno what should have been Hartmans money and term.

• Haha
Reactions: P10p

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
For me, partly because it’s a bit worrisome going forward that Guerin seems to value Foligno more than Hartman.
Exactly this. There's simply no way Foligno should be getting what he's getting.... then seeing Hartman get this, when he... you know, deserves more than Foligno, yet Foligno has the sweeter deal?

Only in Billy's bizarre-o-world.

Glad for the good Hartman deal either way though.

Reactions: Sweetnut

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Exactly this. There's simply no way Foligno should be getting what he's getting.... then seeing Hartman get this, when he... you know, deserves more than Foligno, yet Foligno has the sweeter deal?

Only in Billy's bizarre-o-world.

Glad for the good Hartman deal either way though.
I really hope this deal for Hartman which was an obvious discount came with some type of Goligoski under the table promise that if he again outperforms he will get another contract and get to retire here

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Kap - Hartman - Zucc
Johansson - Ek - Boldy
Foligno - Rossi - Gaudreau
X - X - X

Brodin - Faber
Middleton - Spurgeon
Merrill - X

Gus
Wall

About $11.5M available next offseason. These 3 signings put the team in a weird spot the next couple years.
Yeah, probably gonna be fairly uneventful until the summer of 2025. Basically locked into this roster for 2 years. Plenty of room to bring back Duhaime, Dewar and Addison next summer if they so choose, if the cap does what Gary predicted.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah, probably gonna be fairly uneventful until the summer of 2025. Basically locked into this roster for 2 years. Plenty of room to bring back Duhaime, Dewar and Addison next summer if they so choose, if the cap does what Gary predicted.
I think Duhaime is gone after this year. The Foligno signing points to that IMO.

Couple notes from the roster next year:
-I hope Spacek makes a case to be on the roster.
-Addison can’t blow this chance if he wants to stay.
-One or two of Yurov/Ohgren/Khusnutdinov should make the team, bumping Foligno down to the 4th line.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think Duhaime is gone after this year. The Foligno signing points to that IMO.

Couple notes from the roster next year:
-I hope Spacek makes a case to be on the roster.
-Addison can’t blow this chance if he wants to stay.
-One or two of Yurov/Ohgren/Khusnutdinov should make the team, bumping Foligno down to the 4th line.
I can't really find the dots to connect there.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
They play basically the same role.
I think if Duhaime tried to play Foligno's role, his mind would get pretty well scrambled. For all that I don't like about Foligno, he can at least hold his own against the bigger boys.

And I'm also pretty sure that the organization isn't going to be actively looking to put Foligno on the 4th line.

I think next year's roster is going to look extremely similar to this years. Then one of prospects (Khus/Ohgren/Yurov) takes Johansson's spot; then another one takes Zuccarello's spot a couple years later.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I can't really find the dots to connect there.
I do think he is correct, Duhaime is either going to take steps forward in his game and price himself out, or in the event things don't go well, it becomes more likely that they see his spot as expendable, especially with youth potentially pushing for time.

I personally like the player and think there is much more to his game than a typical 4th liner, but while he and Dewar are really good at generating chances and battling defensively, they still have to prove the ability to beat NHL goalies if we are really trying to succeed with a rolling four line approach. I do think Duhaime is ahead in that regard, there are a lot of aspects to his game that remind me of Hartman in his initial season with us. He does a lot of little things well to generate his own offensive opportunities at a surprisingly high rate, but doesn't have the consistent finishing yet, and may never get there.

Essentially I think this scenario plays out very similarly to Hartman in Chicago, he is a victim of the cap, and will have to try to push for a bigger pay day and opportunity on another team. As seen with the Foligno contract, that player type is in high demand. Dewar is nearly the same performer with likely less goals, and additional control during the hard years.

A team like Buffalo could possibly look at him and think he brings exactly what they need more of, and have the cap space to take a shot for far more than the Wild can fit. He is a good defensive player, which means teams may see less downside risk, and a rising cap situation could be a good time to cash in for his agent.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I do think he is correct, Duhaime is either going to take steps forward in his game and price himself out, or in the event things don't go well, it becomes more likely that they see his spot as expendable, especially with youth potentially pushing for time.

I personally like the player and think there is much more to his game than a typical 4th liner, but while he and Dewar are really good at generating chances and battling defensively, they still have to prove the ability to beat NHL goalies if we are really trying to succeed with a rolling four line approach. I do think Duhaime is ahead in that regard, there are a lot of aspects to his game that remind me of Hartman in his initial season with us. He does a lot of little things well to generate his own offensive opportunities at a surprisingly high rate, but doesn't have the consistent finishing yet, and may never get there.

Essentially I think this scenario plays out very similarly to Hartman in Chicago, he is a victim of the cap, and will have to try to push for a bigger pay day and opportunity on another team. As seen with the Foligno contract, that player type is in high demand. Dewar is nearly the same performer with likely less goals, and additional control during the hard years.

A team like Buffalo could possibly look at him and think he brings exactly what they need more of, and have the cap space to take a shot for far more than the Wild can fit. He is a good defensive player, which means teams may see less downside risk, and a rising cap situation could be a good time to cash in for his agent.
He had 9 goals and 10 points last year. He's going to have to have a hell of a 4th liner season to get anywhere near pricing himself out, and we're going to have ~$8M to re-sign him, Dewar and Addison next summer. That's ~$3M for Addison and ~$2.5M for each of Duhaime and Dewar if need be.

Either way, if he does leave he'll be replaced directly, not by moving Foligno down to the 4th line.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00