Confirmed with Link: Hartley Re-signed to Multi-Year Extension

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=744562

CALGARY, AB – The Calgary Flames announced today that they have signed head coach Bob Hartley to a multi-year contract extension.

Hartley was originally named head coach of the Flames on May 31, 2012. He has guided the Flames to a 71-79-13 record during the past three seasons and earned his 400th career win on December 4th, 2014 over Colorado. The Flames currently hold a 17-14-2 record for 36 points and are 5th place in the Pacific Division, 9th in the Western Conference and 15th overall in League standings.

:handclap:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
You know like a few more year of you know like da ardess working you know team in you know like da league.

StreakingRed

Jan 4, 2007
Calgary, Alberta
1282786204310.jpg

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Kent Wilson ‏@Kent_Wilson 11m11 minutes ago
Hartley extended. In other news, Sven Baertschi was found kicking puppies along a street in Adirondack.

:laugh:

:cry:

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hartley is such a good fit for not only the Flames, but for the city of Calgary. Really, how can you not like him when you hear him talk? He talks about winning, he talks about hard work, he talks about pride and being a part of the community, I think everyone really relates to him well.

I'm very happy to hear this.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Hartley is such a good fit for not only the Flames, but for the city of Calgary. Really, how can you not like him when you hear him talk? He talks about winning, he talks about hard work, he talks about pride and being a part of the community, I think everyone really relates to him well.

I'm very happy to hear this.

Calgary is white-collar lol

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
No surprise here; he's earned it.

But it does increase the likelihood Baertschi is traded. Along with Reinhart. Also wonder if it prompts Wideman to ask for a trade.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Calgary is white-collar lol

Compared to almost evey other Canadian city, no, no we are not.

Actually out of the Canadian teams I would say only really Winnipeg is perhaps less of a white collar city.

Anyways. I digress. Love Bob and glad to see he's staying. I hope we trade Sven to Pittsburgh or something. If he's going to flourish anywhere it will be with his old coach.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Not surprised by this. Hopefully Sven isnt moved though and actually given a fair shot when some veterans are moved.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I heard Treliving and Hartley just on the radio, I'm so happy for Bob, he's such a character guy.

-Treliving enforced that he wants this to cement to the players that Bob and his message will be around for a long time.

-He said they have a really good working relationship.

-Treliving doesn't interfere with Hartley's coaching and decisions, although they have open discussion and debate every day and he's always there to offer support.

Brad's criteria for a coach are 3 fold: he wants a hard and well prepared working team, he wants a team that has a clear identity and is well structured, he wants a coach that can push players yet still walk that fine line and focus on positives; Hartley checks all boxes.

Treliving is impressed with all our coaching staff as a hole but a decision on everyone's future hasn't been made yet.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
TFG, the city has grown a lot but in many ways this is still a hick town and has a real community feel to it. Hartley acknowledged in his interview that this is a hard working town, it really means a lot to him how supportive our fans are of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad