Prospect Info: Hartford Wolf Pack/Cincinnati Cyclones Thread: Part XV

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Brodzinski came up after Chytil got concussed. Laviolette really liked Jonny in training camp. Pitlick and Bonino never accomplished a lot. Partly why Edstrom and then Rempe got the looks they got. When they impressed Nick and Tyler were gone. The Rangers went through some doldrums in January for several weeks and once Rempe came up the Rangers started consistently winning games again. I mean we had a shit 4th line and now we have a very good one. Rempe as well helps the Rangers play much more of a physical game.

I think Matthew is here to stay. I also think Edstrom probably makes the team next year too. Anyone else? Maybe Othmann or Berard. I don't see room for both and there might not be room for either. As for Hartford's D---no one unless there is an injury opening and ditto for goalie. The Rangers are developing players though that can fill in if necessary.

Black Tank

Dec 12, 2006
a NYer in England
Brodzinski came up after Chytil got concussed. Laviolette really liked Jonny in training camp. Pitlick and Bonino never accomplished a lot. Partly why Edstrom and then Rempe got the looks they got. When they impressed Nick and Tyler were gone. The Rangers went through some doldrums in January for several weeks and once Rempe came up the Rangers started consistently winning games again. I mean we had a shit 4th line and now we have a very good one. Rempe as well helps the Rangers play much more of a physical game.

I think Matthew is here to stay. I also think Edstrom probably makes the team next year too. Anyone else? Maybe Othmann or Berard. I don't see room for both and there might not be room for either. As for Hartford's D---no one unless there is an injury opening and ditto for goalie. The Rangers are developing players though that can fill in if necessary.
There's not a lot of spaces next year which is why I think HFD should have a lot of talent to start the year. I want the young guys playing lots of minutes together and winning together rather than being scratches in NY.

Reactions: egelband

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
There's not a lot of spaces next year which is why I think HFD should have a lot of talent to start the year. I want the young guys playing lots of minutes together and winning together rather than being scratches in NY.

Ice time eventually sorts itself out to some kind of degree of success. Steve Smith or whoever is going to be the Pack's coach will coach to win because if the team isn't playing to expectations his job is going to be on the line. I don't think it's wise to force things. It's better to leave things to progress organically. Belzile for one is likely going to be an important player. Hollowell if he re-signs is likely going to be key to the power play. They're proven productive players. Mackey and Harpur are going to get important minutes on D and unless Garand takes a real step forward he's going to be splitting games with Domingue again.

For a team to have success veteran players almost always play a large part in the AHL. That's the nature of things in the NHL too......and it is a big deal to have a winning environment and to make the playoffs. Some kids mature faster than others but maturing is not just about showing production stats or whatever......it's also a mental/psychological process of just learning how to live on your own or with others. Young first and second year pros are swimming in a new environment and the older players are there not just for on the ice stability dealing with the ups and downs of any given season but getting them through the life challenges of living in a new community whether it's culture/language issues or just what things to do or to stay away from.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
The Pack played the Checkers 8 times this season and though the Pack won the last game 5-2 it didn't go well. The other 7 were all losses including three straight being shutout. There were also a couple 2-1 games they lost in OT. Over the 8 games the Pack scored 10 goals and gave up 25.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
The Pack played the Checkers 8 times this season and though the Pack won the last game 5-2 it didn't go well. The other 7 were all losses including three straight being shutout. There were also a couple 2-1 games they lost in OT. Over the 8 games the Pack scored 10 goals and gave up 25.
If the series goes three games all three are in Charlotte with Hartford designated the home team for game 2. It seems like a crappy way to run a league.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If the series goes three games all three are in Charlotte with Hartford designated the home team for game 2. It seems like a crappy way to run a league.
I think it's fine. Given that it's only a 3-game series, adding travel to it seems pointless. With the games being played over 4 days, the teams would have to travel and play on the same day at least once. Sure, they could space the games out more, but then they aren't maximizing revenue by playing games on the weekend.

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
I’m sure the players are happy all 3 games are in the same place, can’t imagine the 12 hour bus ride is fun.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Garand starts in goal. Mackay out week to week with Hillman in. Henriksson out day to day with Belzille moving to center.

As noted by RangersFan1994 Nash redirects a puck into the net on a power play to put the Pack on top midway through the first period.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Good to see Chmelar getting the 1st playoff game

Riley Nash from Petan 1-0
IF I read AHL app correctly,
Mackey is a scratch (last played Friday),
Henriksson (last Played Saturday)

LINEUP per AHL app (not actual lines/pairs, just grouped for easy read)
Nash-Petan-Berard | Blidh-Lesch-Sykora
Othmann-Pitlick-Belzile | Trivigno-Korczak-Chmelar

Manici-Hillman | Brouillard-Robertson \ Scanlin-Hollowell

Scratches
Henriksson, Pekar, Vaisanen, Jenkins, Panwar, Barbashev
Mackey, Yoon, McCarthy, Rees, *Harpur

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
how do the boys look? otter? beebs? jaro?
I didn't sign up for the payoffs on TV. Listened to the first period. Charlotte outshoots Pack 16-6 and sounded like Charlotte had much better chances. Score 1-1 with each team getting a power play goal. Sounds like Garand has been strong in net.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Why is the 1st round best of 3 in the AHL? It should be a best of 7. They are playing in the AHL, not some junior leagues
It's because the divisions in the AHL are unbalanced. The Atlantic division, which Hartford is in, has 8 teams, and 6 of them make the playoffs. The first round in the Atlantic is 3 vs 6 and 4 vs 5, and the winners play the 1 and 2 seeds.

The divisions are aligned this way because of travel. The AHL doesn't have the kind of money the NHL does.

Ranger Ric

Oct 26, 2015
Why is the 1st round best of 3 in the AHL? It should be a best of 7. They are playing in the AHL, not some junior leagues
The AHL expanded the playoffs to include 6 of 8 teams in the Pack division. so first round is like a playin game to the real playoffs. Finishing fifth the Pack would not have made the playoffs under the old system.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Monza vs Lazio
    Monza vs Lazio
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $245.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • FC Köln vs Freiburg
    FC Köln vs Freiburg
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $370.00