Hart Trophy: Who has better claim?

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
I think Pasta deserves some consideration. He has 110 points this year and Marchand is second on the Bruins with 67 points. If I had to guess its most likely Kuchs to lose at this point unless MacKinnon goes absolute Thanos levels of devastation in the Oilers tonight

Baberham Lincoln

Nov 5, 2019
Toronto
They should give it to the best player whose team improved the most.

TBL 0%
Col -3.7%
EDM -4.6%

But they won't. So I kinda expect MacKinnon to win simply because he's never won before and gives him more claim as a legit top 3 player in his era.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kucherov deserves it more, but MacKinnon probably gets it due to gud Canadian boy and also career achievement

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Kucherov has not won the Art Ross yet yall geeze.
You are right according to HF boards an dmack homers he is tying or breaking kucherov's point total tonight. I heard this rumor that EDM and COL are playing without goalies tonight to try to break the record. IF they break it, does it count because they all are empty net points? Kucherov broke a record that stood for over 25 years as the most assist in a season and is the fifth player in history with 100 assist. Mackinnon didn't break any NHL records this year. I would give it to McDavid before Mack.

Georgiev is a good reason alone why MacK should be heavily considered.
He has outplayed the Lightning goaltending for most of the year until Vasi started playing marginal better. Ottawa is the only team with worse goalie stats.

• Haha
Reactions: Tofveve

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
The gap is going to be 6 or less pts and Mackinnon will have 7 or more goals on Kuch.

If mack can put up 3 pts in his final game kuch will have 99% as many pts as Kucherov.

This is not a runaway , its a very, very tight race and i expect the votes to vmbe very close. FWIW on TNT before the lightning game (kuch had a 4 pt lead) all 3 of Lundqvist, Carter and Biz chose mackinnon. They obviously aren't voters, but it says something about how at least part of the media (and former players) feel about it currently.

I wouldn't expect a kuch runaway, madness a narrow win
If Ovechkin couldn't beat Henrik Sedin for the Hart in 2010 while scoring 23 more goals and finishing just 3 points back then there aint no way MacK is going to do it with 7. The voters don't care about a player having more goals to make up for point gaps historically unless they are astronomical.

Reactions: dukeofjive

MacMacandBarbie

Dec 9, 2019
There's almost a 0% chance this award is going to anyone other than MacK, unfortunately. The deserved winner would be Kuch.
Exactly. It is no slight on MacK, but the voters have historically shown in 2010 that 7 goals is not even going to register as a factor for a points gap like Kucherov has over MacK.

Burkeocet

Nov 2, 2019
Natedogg will get it because he never won one before and Kucherov dogged it at the allstar game. It’s one of those ones where it’s too close to call IMO. I’d give it to Kucherov just based on his point lead over his teammates though personally.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
Avs played their big guns tonight and MacKinnon already has two points in the first period.

If he can cut Kucherov's lead to 3 or even 2 points, I think he takes it.

The voters really want to give him an award and they really don't want to give it to Kucherov for some reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad