Prospect Info: Harrison Blaisdell, C (5th round, 134th overall)

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
If I may channel my inner Don Cherry...

See how he talks about having a team-first attitude, eh? Mentions Mom and Dad, eh? Got his family there and uh... Tell ya, ya grow up on the Prairies you're gonna be respectful, right? Gotta love this kid. Gonna be a beauty. Winnipeg gets more guys like this kid, you know... good Canadian kids and... and hey, nothing against the Europeans cause there's some good ones but... Canadian kids, you know... in their blood, right? Few more of these, they got the Cup. Tell you right now. :nod:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Here's what I have on Blaisdell. I have a HockeyTv sub and watch BCHL and AJHL all the time when I have downtime. So my notes are extensive.

Final Rank: 46
Potential: middle 6 goalscoring physical pest with high character
NHL Comparable: Mike Ribeiro without the off ice issues
Notes: Elusive skater with burner wheels when he is taking defenders wide. Loves to crash the net and feed on loose pucks. Never shy's away from contact in any zone and is especially tenacious in his forechecking. Not to big of a kid, which is a testament to his play style. Weirdly able to remain physical and borders on being a pest at times while also not going over the edge and taking bad penalties. Slick and quick hands in tight but can be prone to trying to do to much with the puck at times. Has a quick and accurate release that he uses much better from high danger areas which he has zero fear in getting to. Loves to stand out front and tip pucks isn't afraid of even the biggest defenders in his face. Has decent vision but is always looking for the goal moreso then the pass. Can be prone to trying to put to much on his plate when down, which may be remedied when he has better players around him. Can be prone to passing up good passing opportunities to take low percentage shots.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Here's what I have on Blaisdell. I have a HockeyTv sub and watch BCHL and AJHL all the time when I have downtime. So my notes are extensive.

Final Rank: 46
Potential: middle 6 goalscoring physical pest with high character
NHL Comparable: Mike Ribeiro without the off ice issues
Notes: Elusive skater with burner wheels when he is taking defenders wide. Loves to crash the net and feed on loose pucks. Never shy's away from contact in any zone and is especially tenacious in his forechecking. Not to big of a kid, which is a testament to his play style. Weirdly able to remain physical and borders on being a pest at times while also not going over the edge and taking bad penalties. Slick and quick hands in tight but can be prone to trying to do to much with the puck at times. Has a quick and accurate release that he uses much better from high danger areas which he has zero fear in getting to. Loves to stand out front and tip pucks isn't afraid of even the biggest defenders in his face. Has decent vision but is always looking for the goal moreso then the pass. Can be prone to trying to put to much on his plate when down, which may be remedied when he has better players around him. Can be prone to passing up good passing opportunities to take low percentage shots.

You should be working as full time scout lol. You probably as many games if not more than some fulltime scouts.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
This is our only pick of the draft I'm happy with. He's still a long shot, but my intuition is telling me that if we have a "steal" in this draft, it's him.

Kipper933

Remember the Kipper
Jul 10, 2002
Toronto, ON
Visit site
Yeah, one of the best value picks in the draft for me, I also had him as a mid-2nd.

He was 2nd in u19 goal scoring in the BCHL, a handful behind Newhook.

As far as the assists totals go, he plays wing too, and looked great at the WJAC last year when he was just playing wing. I think his game translate a lot better as a high-energy, goal scoring winger.

Reactions: JetsUK

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Love that he compared his game to Marchard (sans face licking) in an interview. I have a ton of trust in NorDak developing him the right way. If one of Blaisdell or N. Smith can assert themselves as a second line NHL C then the Jets will be okay moving forward as Little ages out over the next 3-4 years.

I'll try to make it to a few games this year and I'll report back. Going to Fargo next weekend but watching two USHL games only.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad