Happy Thanksgiving

MNDevilsfan

Jan 9, 2015
St. Paul, MN
Happy Thanksgiving, Devils fans!

Looking forward to heading back east for the weekend...not to Jersey sadly, but I'll make do with central New York.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving to you too and everyone else.:nod:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
yes. enjoy a thursday off everyone

ive always wondered do people actually go to work on the friday after? cause if you do….well…..youre insane.

It isn't a national holiday, but many companies give people the day off. It does depend on the the business.

It is a ****** day to work in retail IMO, never mind the increasing trend of stores being open on Thanksgiving now.

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
yes. enjoy a thursday off everyone

ive always wondered do people actually go to work on the friday after? cause if you do….well…..youre insane.

Mostly every retail worker is at work. I hate shopping black Friday when you can barely walk in the mall...I can't imagine how it is working.
Happy Thanksgiving from long island

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
so.

what im getting out of this is.

we use our thanksgiving to set up a nice long weekend while you guys set it up to take a day off and then ruin a weekend and have people go crazy shopping

cool :laugh:

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
Mostly every retail worker is at work. I hate shopping black Friday when you can barely walk in the mall...I can't imagine how it is working.
Happy Thanksgiving from long island

I worked at Barnes & Noble for a couple years, I don't remember Black Friday being particularly bad, definitely not as bad as Christmas. But then, it's a book store and I'm not sure that's really the first thing people think of.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I worked at Barnes & Noble for a couple years, I don't remember Black Friday being particularly bad, definitely not as bad as Christmas. But then, it's a book store and I'm not sure that's really the first thing people think of.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

was "cyber monday" invented at this time?

cause im guessing it has a lot to do with commercializing the whole thing brainwashing people to go out in mass to "save" money while wasting time…..more more more…..

not to turn this into a debate on the rot of society or anything.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Hmm well I had Thanksgiving a while ago but I'll gladly have another :laugh:

Happy Thanksgiving American friends!

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
was "cyber monday" invented at this time?

cause im guessing it has a lot to do with commercializing the whole thing brainwashing people to go out in mass to "save" money while wasting time…..more more more…..

not to turn this into a debate on the rot of society or anything.

I think so. Dunno if that has a big impact on the book crowd, though.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Had my usual day after Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing sandwich before I went to work, and I'm already regretting it.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Had my usual day after Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing sandwich before I went to work, and I'm already regretting it.

Last year, my stomach hurt after Thanksgiving. The whole night and until the next morning.

Wasn't sick or anything, wasn't even really gassy and didn't even eat a whole lot. But it felt terrible. Since I lost weight and have been maintaining for almost 2 years now, I religiously count my calories. It's hard to tell how many calories are in things when you eat homemade meals, but I have a decent idea on how many at this point. Been doing it for 2 years and it's become natural for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad