OT: Happy Thanksgiving 2013

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis has Big Kahunas
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I love Thanksgiving. I always take 2 weeks off from work.

Spent today with the family playing Apples to Apples and Scatagories. I only see them once or twice a year.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Not to be the buzzkill but this Thanksgiving is going to suck majorly this year. This is the first year I'm not going back to South Carolina to spend it with my mother and last Thanksgiving was one of the last times I saw her with any presence of mind before her recovery really backslid. It's a day I've been dreading all year and I couldn't help but be jealous hearing coworkers and friends talk about all the good food their mothers will make, about special family recipes and things like that. It just sucked to realize that I'll never have that again. I thought I was getting over it, but...I guess not.

Aw hell, enough of my depression - hope everybody here has a happy Thanksgiving and enjoys good food and togetherness with their loved ones.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Not to be the buzzkill but this Thanksgiving is going to suck majorly this year. This is the first year I'm not going back to South Carolina to spend it with my mother and last Thanksgiving was one of the last times I saw her with any presence of mind before her recovery really backslid. It's a day I've been dreading all year and I couldn't help but be jealous hearing coworkers and friends talk about all the good food their mothers will make, about special family recipes and things like that. It just sucked to realize that I'll never have that again. I thought I was getting over it, but...I guess not.

Aw hell, enough of my depression - hope everybody here has a happy Thanksgiving and enjoys good food and togetherness with their loved ones.

I'm in the same boat as you, but with my grandma.

Thanksgiving will be a bit bleaker this year, but I'm thankful she's still around, even without her famous sweet potatoe macaroni.

It's rough, but I attack it head on with boundless positivity.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Good food and family for everyone. :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad