Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
happy-gilmore-grizzly-adams.gif

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Funny People was tremendous, the righteous Gems was great and Hustle is f***ing fantastic.

I hated Funny People. Thought Uncut Gems was a little overrated and Hustle was solid.

Doesn't seem like Julie Bowen is gonna be in this either. They casted Sydney Sweeney and whoever Paige Spiranac is. Assuming one of them will be the love interest.

• Wow
Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Pretty much guaranteed to be a letdown, but you can't expect on-part quality to the original. I'm pretty easygoing with movies so I'm sure I'll enjoy watching it once and that'll be that.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Have any of these ~30 year later sequels delivered? I guess Top Gun was pretty good. Everything else I can think of was complete and utter garbage.

Pass.

These things are starting to remind me of the old straight to VHS disney sequels that everyone knew was going to be bad, but they still figured there would be a profit worth making.
Happy Gilmore 2: Happy needs glasses

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Have any of these ~30 year later sequels delivered? I guess Top Gun was pretty good. Everything else I can think of was complete and utter garbage.

Pass.

These things are starting to remind me of the old straight to VHS disney sequels that everyone knew was going to be bad, but they still figured there would be a profit worth making.

The Christmas Story sequel delivered (the real one, A Christmas Story Christmas, not the straight to DVD crap from a decade ago)

IslesNbeer

Sponsor
Nov 25, 2016
Alberta
I hated Funny People. Thought Uncut Gems was a little overrated and Hustle was solid.

Doesn't seem like Julie Bowen is gonna be in this either. They casted Sydney Sweeney and whoever Paige Spiranac is. Assuming one of them will be the love interest.

oh wow. I never realized Julie Bowen was Virginia.

Going to have to watch Happy Gilmore and Modern Family again.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
oh wow. I never realized Julie Bowen was Virginia.

Going to have to watch Happy Gilmore and Modern Family again.

I can't believe I didnt realize that until today either.

When I started watching Modern Family I was like "wait a second wasn't the woman who played Virginia in Happy Gilmore's name Julie Bowen? That's the same person?"

Reactions: DaaaaB's

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
When I started watching Modern Family I was like "wait a second wasn't the woman who played Virginia in Happy Gilmore's name Julie Bowen? That's the same person?"
Sandler had a V phase for his female characters
Virginia Venet
Veronica Vaughn (that Veronica Vaughn is one piece of ace)
Vickie Vallencourt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad