Happy Gilmore 2 Starring Adam Sandler Officially Announced for Netflix

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug

I'll watch it just because of the memberberries, but to be honest I always thought Happy Gilmore was overrated and doesn't come close to touching Billy Madison.

Reactions: Primary Assist

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
1715886221673.png

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The original captured a rare bit of magic mixing the absurd with a feel-good sports movie.

I'm not optimistic but I'll watch it if the early reviews aren't horrid.

2046.gif

Reactions: John Price

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Seems like a terrible idea. First one is a classic comedy, but recreating that is going to be nearly impossible.

Maybe they pull it off, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
With how his run of Netflix movies have been going (that my so puts on against my will) I'm expecting this to be sewage.
Yup..
A couple months back, I was bored one night and watched Sandler's idiotic Netflix' Halloween movie. I don't remember the title, and it doesn't matter to me that I don't.. but my feeling is that a Gilmore sequel will be of similar remedial quality. But who knows..

trojansoilers

May 4, 2022
I mean, why not. I’m sure Rob Schneider, Kevin James, David Spade, his wife, and now his daughters could use the work.

Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison are so quotable, and the late 90s was peak Sandler with The Wedding Singer and The Waterboy as well.

Reactions: Big Poppa Puck

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
First one is/was awesome

This however will probably f***ing suck.

Sandler’s last good movie was “Big Daddy”

Punch-Drunk Love, Reign Over Me, and Uncut Gems are all very strong. The comedies have been mediocre at best and horrible at worst.

I'm a big fan of the original movie but I'm not looking forward to this. It just doesn't need a sequel.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Why does this get a sequel and we still don't have Spaceball 2: The search for more money.

I really don't see where this could go from the first movie for it to even come close to the original, some movies are perfect as standalones

Reactions: HanSolo

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yup..
A couple months back, I was bored one night and watched Sandler's idiotic Netflix' Halloween movie. I don't remember the title, and it doesn't matter to me that I don't.. but my feeling is that a Gilmore sequel will be of similar remedial quality. But who knows..
Pretty sweet deal for Sandler. He's getting paid millions of dollars to film a bunch of half baked movies at vacation destinations

Reactions: Seedtype

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Have any of these ~30 year later sequels delivered? I guess Top Gun was pretty good. Everything else I can think of was complete and utter garbage.

Pass.

These things are starting to remind me of the old straight to VHS disney sequels that everyone knew was going to be bad, but they still figured there would be a profit worth making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad