HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Happy Bday Aho $9.75M x8

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
It’ll be interesting to see what the structure of the deal is (how much of it is bonuses).

Reactions: Tryamw

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Its kind of crazy, but we could have Aho, Svech and KK all locked up on 8 year deals that could look like small to large bargains in 2 years time, all in their prime.

I think the last 3 years of this deal remain to be seen, he turned 26 today so this will kick in his 27-year-old season.

But a) I think he ages well and b) the cap is the cap and it'll rise and c) you gotta lock him in. So all-in-all this is the right deal at the right price.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I think the last 3 years of this deal remain to be seen, he turned 26 today so this will kick in his 27-year-old season.

But a) I think he ages well and b) the cap is the cap and it'll rise and c) you gotta lock him in. So all-in-all this is the right deal at the right price.
On one hand, I get what you're saying.

On the other hand, people thought the last few years of the Jordan Staal contract were going to be just absolutely terrible for the team, and that never really happened because of the constantly rising cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad