HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Happy 34th Birthday to The King!!!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I still remember watching his first game and being like "who the heck is this guy?!?"

More like 'get a load of this ****ing guy! He a ****in crab or something???'

2 hours later (on phone with Dad in Florida)'..you don't understand, this guy is the best ****ing goalie I've ever ****ing seen!'

10 years later and every year in between, this guy is the best I've ever seen.

Happy Birthday to the King, with all love, respect, and gratitude for all he has done for us since 2005.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
More like 'get a load of this ****ing guy! He a ****in crab or something???'

2 hours later (on phone with Dad in Florida)'..you don't understand, this guy is the best ****ing goalie I've ever ****ing seen!'

10 years later and every year in between, this guy is the best I've ever seen.

Happy Birthday to the King, with all love, respect, and gratitude for all he has done for us since 2005.

Yeah, I meant it in a good way! I was only 15 when he debuted and didn't follow prospects or anything like that, so I didn't even know who he was. And I'm a goalie too, so I'm sitting there just like wow this guy is amazing.

Vickers8

Blueshirt Faithful ‏@blueshirts_ny · Mar 1

Henrik Lundqvist Career Stats: 672 Games Played, 370-224-69, 18,938 Shots Against, 1498 Goals Allowed, .921 SV%, 2.26 GAA, 59 Shutouts.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The only thing I have in common with Henrik Lundqvist is that at the same age, we both still have a beautiful full head of hair. I'll take it.

HBd

Wish I could say the same. :(

Hard to believe he's 34.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Blueshirt Faithful ‏@blueshirts_ny · Mar 1

Henrik Lundqvist Career Stats: 672 Games Played, 370-224-69, 18,938 Shots Against, 1498 Goals Allowed, .921 SV%, 2.26 GAA, 59 Shutouts.

I think there were more than a few of us who thought he was a legit blue chip prospect, but I certainly can't claim that I thought he'd be an all-time great.

Vickers8

I think there were more than a few of us who thought he was a legit blue chip prospect, but I certainly can't claim that I thought he'd be an all-time great.

He looked good his 1st camp but I never envisioned this...by the way tough watching this guy leave it all out there every night, he's the only one who plays 60 minutes

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
He looked good his 1st camp but I never envisioned this...by the way tough watching this guy leave it all out there every night, he's the only one who plays 60 minutes

The fact he isn't in the mix for the Hart every year proves the voters are a pile of ignorant stat watchers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad