shameless self plug

Manning_-_1.jpg

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
How do you guys do this?

i have found, in my time here, that when i dont know how someone did something, i just quote the post in question and then look at what they did.

only thing this didnt work for was hallejokels ghost text i still had no idea how he did that.

betcha if you marqueed the ghost text it would be amazing or maybe break hfboards.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
i have found, in my time here, that when i dont know how someone did something, i just quote the post in question and then look at what they did.

Only thing this didnt work for was hallejokels ghost text i still had no idea how he did that.

Betcha if you marqueed the ghost text it would be amazing or maybe break hfboards.

ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้

it doesn't work right actually rip

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้༼◉Д◉༽ด็็็็็้้้้้็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้

it doesn't work right actually rip

rip little ghosters

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
Great for the 'Canes.

Wallym
That's great for the athletes nobody would pay much money to see. The problem is the guys that they are making the millions on usually aren't interested in a degree. In fact, the go to school part is often a forced burden in a moronic system that uses college as a development league.

You could say the same about High School athletics being a "development league" and "students" who receive a free education but aren't interested in learning, and barely graduate. Should they therefore pay high school athletes or do away with HS athletic programs?

The compensation for the collegiate student-athlete is a free education worth 10s of thousands of $$$s. The benefit of the school is the ability to develop and maintain a better and healthier program to attract new athletes for the rest of the student body in attendance to have something available to participate-in and/or experience more than merely going to class. The fact that pro Leagues look at athletes involved in college-level athletics in search of talent and poach them with big monetary carrots is not an indictment of what those programs do for the Universities and students themselves while they're participating.

As an alum of UND (as small-market and remote as any school you'll ever want to find) I didn't consider the system let alone that particular program as part of the system that allowed it to provide great hockey to experience as a player or watch as a spectator to be "moronic" at all. Quite the opposite. There's nothing wrong with trying to establish rules that create boundaries that adults making free choices of where they want to attend school live by in order to create and maintain good programs regardless of size and wealth. I knew guys who left and turned pro, some to the NHL. Players through that system have been coming and going for decades up to and including guys like Parise, Toews and Oshie. The University and student body at large benefit from it being in existence and those players deciding it was worth their time to attend.

Last edited:

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
Great for the 'Canes.

You could say the same about High School athletics being a "development league" and "students" who receive a free education but aren't interested in learning, and barely graduate. Should they therefore pay high school athletes or do away with HS athletic programs?

The compensation for the collegiate student-athlete is a free education worth 10s of thousands of $$$s.

An organization that makes billions of dollars pays it's employees in classes. That's the reality that can't be avoided.

I get the notions of maintaining competitive balance, and minor sports, , and the general impracticality of it all. But that's an easy call for us to make, because we're not the people who are doing a job worth millions of dollars for 2 years of unwanted courses at a state university.

It's just selfishness on our own part. We like watching college sports. We like balance. Paying people a fair wage might ruin that.

And maybe in principle this is similar to High-school in some way. But the difference in scale makes them completely different practically speaking. It's billions of dollars, and not only do they make billions, they created a litany of rules making sure the players can't get anything from it.

Is there anything else like this in the world?

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
An organization that makes billions of dollars pays it's employees in classes. That's the reality that can't be avoided.

I get the notions of maintaining competitive balance, and minor sports, , and the general impracticality of it all. But that's an easy call for us to make, because we're not the people who are doing a job worth millions of dollars for 2 years of unwanted courses at a state university.

It's just selfishness on our own part. We like watching college sports. We like balance. Paying people a fair wage might ruin that.

And maybe in principle this is similar to High-school in some way. But the difference in scale makes them completely different practically speaking. It's billions of dollars, and not only do they make billions, they created a litany of rules making sure the players can't get anything from it.

Is there anything else like this in the world?

Indentured servants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad