Player Discussion Hamonic vs Larsson

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Larsson.

Oh and FYI islanders decided they were not gonna do hall for hamonic straight up.

That's the value of a top pairing dman.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Larsson.

Oh and FYI islanders decided they were not gonna do hall for hamonic straight up.

Islanders or Islanders fans?

Just listening to Gregor, Brownlee and Rishaug i was stunned when Gregor said he would've given up Hall+ for Hamonic rather than what we actually did. Nothing against Hamonic, but is he really that more valuable than Larsson?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Islanders or Islanders fans?

Just listening to Gregor, Brownlee and Rishaug i was stunned when Gregor said he would've given up Hall+ for Hamonic rather than what we actually did. Nothing against Hamonic, but is he really that more valuable than Larsson?

Islanders management. They didn't want that deal and it's clear why.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I think this is the best angle to try and 'sell' this trade. Still a ****** trade, but Larsson is younger and has posted better defensive numbers this past year, so I'll take him I suppose.

Hamonic is cheaper and more physical though.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I think this is the best angle to try and 'sell' this trade. Still a ****** trade, but Larsson is younger and has posted better defensive numbers this past year, so I'll take him I suppose.

He's definitely more physical, but I think Larsson is a better actual defender. The minimal difference in cap hit isn't a big deal either considering Larsson has an extra year on his and Hamonic likely gets 6+ on his next contract.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009

For me I was just blown away that somehow Hamonic had so much more value. Even if we didn't make the trade and the question was Hamonic vs Larsson, I would've expected them to be valued very similar. Not to the point where Hamonic>>>>Larsson.

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
I like Harmonic's game better right now, but I like Larsson's pedigree and potential more for the future. So, if I had to pick, it'd be Larsson. Harmonic is safer, but Larsson could be a gamble that really pays off.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Larsson is younger with room to grow and also doesn't have the injury history that Hamonic unfortunately has. Both are excellent players on value contracts though.

Musashi

May 23, 2012
Alberta
I like Hamonic's game and compete level so I was always on board with him. Don't really have much of a feel on Larsson at all so I will need to wait and see on him.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Hamonic, without a doubt.

He's actually proved he can handle top pairing competition defensively and is a better puck-mover.

Larsson may have the potential to be better, but he's definitely not a better defenseman right now.

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
Larsson. He has way more potential and sometimes you just have to risk it. A year from now he could be worth Hall+ and be a #1 D

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Larsson, no question. Bigger upside and by all accounts was on Hamonic's level last season. People don't want to believe this because we traded Hall for him though.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Hamonic, without a doubt.

He's actually proved he can handle top pairing competition defensively and is a better puck-mover.

Larsson may have the potential to be better, but he's definitely not a better defenseman right now.

Larsson played on the top pairing all year and ate all the minutes against guys like Crosby, giroux, and Ovie, and he faired pretty damn well.

People need to stop with the whole "he's barely a number 3/4"

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Larsson, no question. Bigger upside and by all accounts was on Hamonic's level last season. People don't want to believe this because we traded Hall for him though.

Right? Seriously guys, I get that Hall was a fantastic player, but Larsson is no slouch as well.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Larsson played on the top pairing all year and ate all the minutes against guys like Crosby, giroux, and Ovie, and he faired pretty damn well.

People need to stop with the whole "he's barely a number 3/4"

If you look at advanced stats, he didn't fare well.

He was slaughtered in possession and bailed out by one of the best goalies in the league.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Larsson.

Yep. NYI went to their original demand of either klefbom or nurse plus hall with them tossing in some other bits. If the the oilers do the nyi deal I speculated yesterday... the place would have been ten times worse

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Hamonic is too much of a human.. Larsson is just another hockey professional (robot)

I know Hamonic may not have been the one to leak his trade request but his group let things drag for eternity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad