Confirmed with Link: Hamonic to Ottawa

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
This dude played for Capuano in Long Island, even wore a letter. Of course that was like 6 years ago but that's about the extent by which the Sens base their personnel decisions.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
200w.webp

Reactions: Xspyrit

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Hamonic hasn't really wowed either way for the Canucks this year. The big thing about him was the whole resistance to getting vaccinated and sitting out a bunch earlier in the year.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I'm sorry, what? Why did they need to part with a 3rd?

Chabot
Sanderson
Brannstrom
Hamonic?

Hamonic could actually be waiver fodder next year. We essentially gave Vancouver a 3rd for free?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Hamonic hasn't really wowed either way for the Canucks this year. The big thing about him was the whole resistance to getting vaccinated and sitting out a bunch earlier in the year.
he also is not that good

Third pairing guy at this point in his career

could have just picked up Myers for free

Reactions: God Says No

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I'm still waiting for it. At the very least, this has to precede a move of MDZ and brown right?
You'd hope so, but on the Wally/Methot show Friedman said he's heard that Ottawa would rather buy MDZ out than eat money. So a deal like this - where we take back a bigger contract - seems like the only possible way to dump him, so if they couldn't include him here...

I still find it difficult to believe that any contender wants Josh Brown.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Added an already bad D, on a pretty steep decline, making 3+ million with a signing bonus next season.

We did Vancouver a huge favour taking him, and not only did we not receive something in return, we gave up a pick in the top 96.

This is goofy

Reactions: Deku

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
he also is not that good

Third pairing guy at this point in his career

could have just picked up Myers for free

Yeah it's kind of a puzzling move from our end too. When it was initially announced I thought Vancouver would be paying the draft pick.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I'm sorry, what? Why did they need to part with a 3rd?

Chabot
Sanderson
Brannstrom
Hamonic?

Hamonic could actually be waiver fodder next year. We essentially gave Vancouver a 3rd for free?
He's a RHD,

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
With Chabot out they are trying to shore up the defense and trying to win some games. EM trying to protect some gate receipts.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Can’t believe no MDZ going back, asset cost, or acquiring a player who sat out half the season with a team he chose in the supposed only place he wants to play. I’m genuinely concerned he won’t report and, at best, I can’t see him being too happy.

I won’t pretend to be too familiar with what Hamonic brings nowadays, I liked him a few years ago but this just seems destined to fail. Identified him as a potential MDZ swap… just like when I identified Stepan as a potential Anisimov swap. Brutal.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad