Hamonic rescinds Trade Request

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Good.

quality player but it wouldn't work out for us and for Hamonic it's good because he has seemingly found a way to manage his personal situation.

Southern Comfort

Oct 27, 2012
Atlanta
Good. We didn't need to give up assets for a position we have stocked already. Wasn't sure he was much better than anything we had already anyway

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Good news for the Isles and likely for Hamonic. It will also end the tiresome speculation about trades for Hamonic. More importantly for the Jets, this should really enhance the trade value of Myers and Trouba if they want to try to swing a trade with the Oilers - one less option available on the market.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I think it's actually good for both teams. It was getting to be a distraction. I wish Travis the best of luck in the future.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Good news for the Isles and likely for Hamonic. It will also end the tiresome speculation about trades for Hamonic. More importantly for the Jets, this should really enhance the trade value of Myers and Trouba if they want to try to swing a trade with the Oilers - one less option available on the market.

Agreed, we could make good trading partners if Chevy is actually looking for another FWD.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am glad Travis's situation has changed for the better. From all accounts he is a quality individual so I wish him nothing but the best.

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013

With our crop of forward prospects and incumbents, I am starting to wonder if a deal with the Oilers makes sense anymore. Feels to me that we are the weakest on defence. Does it really make sense to part with Myers or Trouba for yet another forward? Would that not put us in an even more unbalanced position with respect to forwards and defence? Kind of like the situation the Oilers have themselves. I am assuming that Morrisey is not ready for prime-time yet.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
With our crop of forward prospects and incumbents, I am starting to wonder if a deal with the Oilers makes sense anymore. Feels to me that we are the weakest on defence. Does it really make sense to part with Myers or Trouba for yet another forward? Would that not put us in an even more unbalanced position with respect to forwards and defence? Kind of like the situation the Oilers have themselves. I am assuming that Morrisey is not ready for prime-time yet.

I am assuming the opposite. :) But you still have a point. With Myers gone we are still a lot stronger on D than the Oilers though. It makes sense if expansion goes ahead so that we can protect 3 & 7 instead of 4 & 4. It could also make sense depending on what the return is. If we could flip the return, or even part of the return for a top 4 LHD we could come out ahead. If expansion goes and we don't have to protect the return we are ahead. We could still flip the return after the expansion draft.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Yawning.jpg

A young player with a great contract. No immediate movement after his request. I felt the writing was on the wall that Islanders were over pricing him and trying to steal a favorable return.

Glad his family member is doing well and this is over with.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Good for him, us (IMO, never was a fan of what the deal would probably be around), the Isles, our position of strength on the RHD trade market and most importantly the Hamonic family.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
Yawning.jpg

A young player with a great contract. No immediate movement after his request. I felt the writing was on the wall that Islanders were over pricing him and trying to steal a favorable return.

Glad his family member is doing well and this is over with.

That made me yawn.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I haven't much faith in Morrissey, I could see him traded on draft day.

Yah, 21 year old defencemen almost never make the jump from the AHL. :sarcasm:

Seriously, it is about 3 years too soon to be coming to that conclusion. Other than 2 weak TCs he has been outstanding everywhere he has played. 2 TCs where his body was still maturing. Have you seen him without his jersey on lately? He looks like a 3" shorter Scheifele but thicker and he has recovered his quickness that he lost when he first put the weight on.

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I haven't much faith in Morrissey, I could see him traded on draft day.

Would you have given up on Duncan Keith, if you followed his career with the Hawks and their farm team? Not saying that's what Morrissey will become, but they're somewhat similar in terms of size and style - Keith took a couple of years to bake in the AHL before becoming a full-fledge NHL'er. These things can take time, especially with defenseman. Personally: not willing to write him off yet - too much talent.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Would you have given up on Duncan Keith, if you followed his career with the Hawks and their farm team? Not saying that's what Morrissey will become, but they're somewhat similar in terms of size and style - Keith took a couple of years to bake in the AHL before becoming a full-fledge NHL'er. These things can take time, especially with defenseman. Personally: not willing to write him off yet - too much talent.

Yup, after about game 20 he was excellent on Moose. He scored around .6 ppg while playing very strong defense. Imo he looks NHL ready now and it wouldn't surprise me if he pushes his way into the top 4 sometime next year. The biggest issue is the marginal players on one-way deals that stand in his way. Hopefully if he comes to camp and plays like he did in his lone game they dump Stu to the press box.

With regards to Travis: I'm glad that things look like they have improved so that he doesn't feel the need to leave an org that he clearly is happy being apart of. I am also happy that we can put this to bed. While he's a good player he doesn't fill a need on this team and I was not willing to give up what Snow was apparently looking for.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
The Islanders. Don't worry... I wasn't insulting the Jets organization ;) Really, I don't even think the Jets had much interest.

A member of Hamonic's family had an undisclosed illness that prompted him to ask for a trade back home. This illness has apparently stabilized.

That's all we know. How would that tarnish your opinion of Hamonic or the Islanders?

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
A member of Hamonic's family had an undisclosed illness that prompted him to ask for a trade back home. This illness has apparently stabilized.

That's all we know. How would that tarnish your opinion of Hamonic or the Islanders?

You don't think its weird? Travis is weird....and so is the whole situation.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You don't think its weird? Travis is weird....and so is the whole situation.

Can't see anything the least bit weird. He wanted to be closer to a sick family member. Nothing 'weird' about that. Or do you know more than you are saying?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad