Hamilton Bulldogs 2022-23 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
For those curious rosters from here in Erie.

McKee told us fans that the players didn’t have much notice in regards to the preseason trip.

Attachments

• F83745F2-08A3-4A20-B482-9B91A0C0B1EF.jpeg
    F83745F2-08A3-4A20-B482-9B91A0C0B1EF.jpeg
    290.6 KB · Views: 4

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Anybody know what OA are in camp?
Based on the Bulldogs’ website, all of them are listed on the preseason roster (except guys gone to university). I honestly didn’t expect to see everyone. Unfortunately they can only go with 4 in a few weeks.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Based on the Bulldogs’ website, all of them are listed on the preseason roster (except guys gone to university). I honestly didn’t expect to see everyone. Unfortunately they can only go with 4 in a few weeks.

Reading the training cap recap it mentions Morrison, Hayes and White.

I don't think that there is any way that those aren't the main 3. Morrison and Hayes are no brainers and with all of the losses on D White has to be one as well.

Nice to see VanAcker get on the board in his first preseason game.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
I'd go Morrison, Hayes and Costantini as the teams overagers.

White is solid but hes more offensive than defensive and I think the team will need solid goaltending and I'm not completely sold on Drobac.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I'd go Morrison, Hayes and Costantini as the teams overagers.

White is solid but hes more offensive than defensive and I think the team will need solid goaltending and I'm not completely sold on Drobac.

If you don't take White, who are your Dmen?

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Based on the current roster, I’d go with Morrison, Hayes, White, and Duarte as the 4 OAs. Unfortunately Duarte would probably be a regular scratch much like Van Loon last season. Costantini had a fantastic year, but I think Drobac could be the #1, which also allows Malbouef to develop.

With NHL development camps, a couple of guys might not even return, much like Ben Gleason and Matt Luff.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
If you don't take White, who are your Dmen?
I'd go with Van Vilet, Moore, Donovon, Grushnikov, Cheynowski, Moore and Roberts.

Very young and inexperienced but they could still move Drobac for a D man and they'd probably get a better one as he won't be an OA till next season.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I'd go with Van Vilet, Moore, Donovon, Grushnikov, Cheynowski, Moore and Roberts.

Very young and inexperienced but they could still move Drobac for a D man and they'd probably get a better one as he won't be an OA till next season.

That D core would be way to young imo.

Also, can Grushnikov not play in the AHL this year as a foreign born player?

I also believe that it will be a fire sale at Christmas to recoup some of the picks that they traded.

The forward group is good enough to make a run, but they lost way too much on defense to make any kind of serious run.

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Morrison, Hayes, Whyte. As much as I would love to keep Cos, we have a solid backup in Drobac who should see a full season. Cos IMO is the best tender in the league and I think you can sell him to someone looking to contend and not miss too much of a step.

Morrison and Hayes are offensive threats the team will need to have to win before the trade deadline and Whyte is the only vet defenseman. You need someone to bolster the young guys on the back end.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022

I also believe that it will be a fire sale at Christmas to recoup some of the picks that they traded.

The forward group is good enough to make a run, but they lost way too much on defense to make any kind of serious run.
Not sure on Grush. Texas Stars could look like a Bulldogs alumni team on some nights if they sign Morrison.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017

he could play in the ahl for sure.

its really a re-tool year and the team should be young, cant win ever year.

Reactions: Rounder8

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018

Agreed, but Staios will still try to make the playoffs. In 2018 they were the only Memorial Cup participant to make the playoffs and I think that they can squeek in this year as well. They will need to have a strong first few months of the season though.

Reactions: Canadian Game

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
theres been a few teams, windsor one of them, that should have sold but tried to win again after winning and may have set back their reset a bit, if it was me id sell everything in hamilton at the deadline, take the L this year and have a better 2023/24

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018

I think that if Grushnikov ends up in the AHL Staios might make a move like he's done in the past and pick up a Dman off of the scrap heap like he did with Cameron Supryka.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
I think that if Grushnikov ends up in the AHL Staios might make a move like he's done in the past and pick up a Dman off of the scrap heap like he did with Cameron Supryka.

Who knows what Dallas is thinking, but I think another year in the OHL to see if he can develope some offense would be good for him.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
could be/id bet 50/50, hes the type that probably could benefit with another year, he probably doesnt play much in the ahl

Reactions: Rounder8

Bra Wavers

Feb 19, 2016
Gavin White out of Stars prospects tournament in Traverse City after getting injured in a fight with Riley Piercey. It looked bad….hopefully not too serious.

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Gavin White out of Stars prospects tournament in Traverse City after getting injured in a fight with Riley Piercey. It looked bad….hopefully not too serious.
Heard it’s a broken orbital bone and having surgery today to repair….Tough break and hope he has a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad