Hamilton Bulldogs 2021-22 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Windsor turned it up late 2nd and Hamilton had no answer.
Hamilton looked off to me before that thou but I've only seen this series plus parts of a few games.
They seemed frustrated later in the game and kiss jump the 1st half.
Should be a fun night Wednesday. Good luck

Reactions: Section 103

Helvigster

Jan 8, 2019
If the Bulldogs don't win Game 7, I'm going to legitimately think this city has cursed itself with its sports. Forge lost their championship final in December, and then a week later the Ticats lost the Grey Cup, both at Tim Hortons Field. If Hamilton loses Wednesday then I'm all but convinced this city's sports teams are cursed. I don't think I've ever heard of a single city's sports teams losing 3 of their championship games in such a short time span.

Regardless of the result on Wednesday, this was a really good season and I don't think a loss should be considered a complete failure. Staios took this team from a relatively average team to a powerhouse that dominated the second part of the season and made it all the way to Game 7 of the OHL finals. I don't care what anyone (especially Spits fans) says if we lose Wednesday. This was a great season and we should be proud of our team.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't care what anyone (especially Spits fans) says if we lose Wednesday. This was a great season and we should be proud of our team.

Believe me, the vast majority of Spits fans know you guys had a helluva season, win or lose. This is a battle of two titans and only one can win. Neither side has anything to hang their heads about.

I'll be there Wednesday. Here's hoping it's a good one.

Section 103

May 25, 2016
If the Bulldogs don't win Game 7, I'm going to legitimately think this city has cursed itself with its sports. Forge lost their championship final in December, and then a week later the Ticats lost the Grey Cup, both at Tim Hortons Field. If Hamilton loses Wednesday then I'm all but convinced this city's sports teams are cursed. I don't think I've ever heard of a single city's sports teams losing 3 of their championship games in such a short time span.

Regardless of the result on Wednesday, this was a really good season and I don't think a loss should be considered a complete failure. Staios took this team from a relatively average team to a powerhouse that dominated the second part of the season and made it all the way to Game 7 of the OHL finals. I don't care what anyone (especially Spits fans) says if we lose Wednesday. This was a great season and we should be proud of our team.
Regardless of which of these teams win on Wednesday night, my hats off to both organizations for putting together two spectacular hockey teams. Both should hold their heads high and be proud of what they have accomplished. Hell, they are in game seven of a Championship Series! That’s certainly something to hang your hats on! Woohoo!

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Hello Bulldogs fans, I come in peace.
I was wondering if anyone has food recommendations within a few blocks of the arena. I know First Ontario Centre has a 17,000+ seat capacity, but does anyone know the capacity of the lower bowl that’s sold out?

Looking forward to a phenomenal finish to this series!

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Hope the ice doesn’t melt on this hot and humid day.
They'll pump in the cold air half way through each period. I'm sure you are bound to see some funny bounces regardless.

Hello Bulldogs fans, I come in peace.
I was wondering if anyone has food recommendations within a few blocks of the arena. I know First Ontario Centre has a 17,000+ seat capacity, but does anyone know the capacity of the lower bowl that’s sold out?

Looking forward to a phenomenal finish to this series!

There are a couple restaurants in the mall next door - Jackson Square. There also is a food court in there. I think there is a Subway and a Shwarma place down Bay Street to the north - just across the street from the arena.

Might be a Swiss Chalet close by as well.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Should be a good one.

Hoping for a Morrison hatty to win the title

It's going to have to be Morrison, Hayes or MacTavish at this point. Nobody else is contributing much offense.

Windsor adjusted last game to take the shot away from MacTavish by bringing a 3rd man out high. Hayes should be open to either touch pass it to Mysak in the bumper or walk in by himself from the side.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Looks like the remainder of the upper bowl has opened up for the exception of 218-220. Last time they project to have a crowd like this was the final of the 2007 Calder Cup when they beat Hershey to win it with Carey Price between the pipes.

I remember being there for that one like it was yesterday. Time flies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Looks like the remainder of the upper bowl has opened up for the exception of 218-220. Last time they project to have a crowd like this was the final of the 2007 Calder Cup when they beat Hershey to win it with Carey Price between the pipes.

I remember being there for that one like it was yesterday. Time flies.
It's going to have to be Morrison, Hayes or MacTavish at this point. Nobody else is contributing much offense.

Windsor adjusted last game to take the shot away from MacTavish by bringing a 3rd man out high. Hayes should be open to either touch pass it to Mysak in the bumper or walk in by himself from the side.

Love the game to game adjustments by teams in the POs. Sometimes subtle but very effective. So.etimes not so much lol.
Chess match

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Love the game to game adjustments by teams in the POs. Sometimes subtle but very effective. So.etimes not so much lol.
Chess match

I hope I'm as right as the last time I recommended an adjustment.lol

North Bay made the same adjustment and Hamilton exploited it. Sometimes in big games players panic though and try to do it themselves.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad