Hamilton Annouces New Jersey

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
Hamilton, ON – The Hamilton Bulldogs are proud to announce “Black and Gold†as their new jersey colours for the 2016-2017 season. The winner of the jersey design contest was 10-year old Christina C.

For the design portion of the contest, we received over 1,000 entries and responses at our games, online and through email. This tremendous response continued through the voting and we were overwhelmed by the amount of community support and the conversations about our team’s new look. Black and gold dominated both the design and voting portion of the contest.

After the Hamilton Bulldogs, AHL affiliate of the Montreal Canadiens’, moved to St. Johns, NL, the former Belleville Bulls, became the new Hamilton Bulldogs of the OHL. Following the changes to the organization, the new colours signify a fresh beginning for the team.

“The Hamilton Bulldogs have been part of the fabric of the city for the past 20 years,†said Bulldogs Owner Michael Andlauer. “It’s only fitting that they adopt the colours synonymous with sports in Hamilton.â€

The Bulldogs plan to unveil the white jersey closer to the start of the 2016-2017 season. Additional black and gold team merchandise will be available at that time

“As the President of the Hamilton Bulldogs, I am proud to unveil the new black and gold jersey which aligns us with Hamilton and the surrounding communities,†said Steve Staios. “Born and raised in Hamilton, I understand the significance of black and gold colours and I am honored that our fans played a major role in our rebrand of the OHL Hamilton Bulldogs.â€

CddB-oaWwAIrJrP.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErxeoC-mQp8&feature=youtu.be

I must say, I am very pleased by this development and that the team didn't go with Blue, which would have literally made half of the league blue.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
I don't mind them going black and yellow but at least try and make an original template and not just copy the Pittsburgh Penguins retro jerseys, copying NHL teams is my new pet peeve.....
Hamilton = Pittsburgh
Niagara = Chicago
Mississauga = Toronto
Sault Ste Marie = Detroit

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
I don't mind them going black and yellow but at least try and make an original template and not just copy the Pittsburgh Penguins retro jerseys, copying NHL teams is my new pet peeve.....
Hamilton = Pittsburgh
Niagara = Chicago
Mississauga = Toronto

I agree, also too close to Sarnia and the old Kingston Spoked K's

If you wanted to copy any jersey it should have been the Ticats like the one Taylor R posted on jersey concepts
View attachment 88549

Or the ones the Storm wore while Hamilton was playing in Guelph

View attachment 88545

Last edited:

CharlieGirl

Thank you Mr. Snider
Jun 24, 2003
Kitchener, ON
Visit site
Hamilton = Pittsburgh
Niagara = Chicago
Mississauga = Toronto

Windsor = Washington

And before anyone chirps in... Kitchener = NY

But on the Hamilton jerseys - black and gold/yellow/whatever don't have a great track record in the OHL playoffs. I get why they went this way, as a tie in with the TiCats, but it's risky.

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
Windsor = Washington

And before anyone chirps in... Kitchener = NY

But on the Hamilton jerseys - black and gold/yellow/whatever don't have a great track record in the OHL playoffs. I get why they went this way, as a tie in with the TiCats, but it's risky.

at least Kitchener has a reason with the old affiliation with the NYR. Similar to the nationals jerseys with the leafs.

OHLArenaGuide

it's dot com
Dec 4, 2003
London, ON
www.ohlarenaguide.com
Hamilton = Pittsburgh
Niagara = Chicago
Mississauga = Toronto

Niagara gets a pass because they're using the old St Catharines Black Hawks template (including the same shoulder patch). Missy and the Sault there's no excuse for...

Hammer9001

Apr 1, 2015
Hamilton
at least Kitchener has a reason with the old affiliation with the NYR. Similar to the nationals jerseys with the leafs.

Hamilton's excuse for the colors is the OHA Hamilton Tigers (our most successful Jr. Team that ran from them 1900s till 1950) and from my understanding swaped leagues with Windsor to become the Hamilton Tiger-Cubs who became the Fincups who then shifted between Niagara, Hamilton and Brantford before eventually becoming the Erie Otters.

Of more note is of course, the NHL Hamilton Tigers (who were formerly the Quebec Bulldogs before relocating to Hamilton and where the Hamilton Bulldogs got their name) who existed between 1920-25 before being relocated after the first strike in Pro Hockey history. They then became the short lived New York Americans who were muscled out of Madison Square Garden by the Rangers and began Dutton's curse.

Of course, it also doesn't hurt that they now share the color with the Ti-Cats who have existed in one form or another since 1869.

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
Like I said I have zero problem with Hamilton going black and yellow even with Sarnia and Kingston already on that boat. My problem is not trying to make an original template and just slapping a Bulldogs logo on a Pens jersey. It doesn't even have to be a major change just try and make it slightly different.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad