24. :ducks2 - Riley Tufte
25. :stars - Brett Howden
26. :caps - Pascal Laberge
27. :bolts - Tage Thompson
28. :blues - Alex DeBrincat
29. :bruins - Carl Grundstrom
30. :leafs - Dennis Cholowski

* BONUS: Leafs take Lucas Johansen with pick 31

the top 15 is a lot easier to predict than 16-30, most of the guys i feel will be drafted within 2-3 spots of what I guessed.

23-35 or so is a complete crapshoot. most of the guys are pretty similarly rated.

hope this is not too bad!

Last edited:

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Like Thompson at 27, worth the risk that late and we need big forwards and shooters which he's both.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Like Thompson at 27, worth the risk that late and we need big forwards and shooters which he's both.

pretty much the reason i put him in there over debrincat. I actually wouldnt wind if the leafs grabbed him at 30 if he is still there.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
13. :canes - Michael McLeod

I hate this...but I'm pretty sure everybody knows this already because I'm fairly vocal about thinking that McLeod has bottom-3rd of the 1st talent and will go 10+ spots too early because some GM is going to fall in love with his size/speed combination and ignore his marginal talent.

The Canes don't need a 3C and I see a 3C ceiling/3C floor with McLeod.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I hate this...but I'm pretty sure everybody knows this already because I'm fairly vocal about thinking that McLeod has bottom-3rd of the 1st talent and will go 10+ spots too early because some GM is going to fall in love with his size/speed combination and ignore his marginal talent.

The Canes don't need a 3C and I see a 3C ceiling/3C floor with McLeod.

some have mcleod as a top 10 talent.
Personally I think he will be a speedy two way #2C.
one of the safer picks in this draft.

if 1-12 falls similar to what i predicted, and its mcleod, bellows and kunin as the best forwards on the board, who do they take?

I dont see carolina taking a dman

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
I really hope the Jets pass on Stanley, especially at #22. I'd hope for a trade down or trade up if this was how things played out. I think #22 is a poor spot in the 1st to grab a D, unless Fabbro, Bean or McAvoy fall there, which I highly doubt. Probably need to get inside the top 20 or drop to the late 20's to get good value IMO.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

if 1-12 falls similar to what i predicted, and its mcleod, bellows and kunin as the best forwards on the board, who do they take?

If his upside is #2C then the right pick for the Canes would be Bellows. Higher risk but much higher upside and more of a scoring threat which is where the Canes system is at its shallowest.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
If his upside is #2C then the right pick for the Canes would be Bellows. Higher risk but much higher upside and more of a scoring threat which is where the Canes system is at its shallowest.

agree. do they go with safe, or boom/bust?

it depends if they think lindholm can develop into a #1 C or not

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY

Fans' strong preference is Bellows; I would prefer Kunin but McLeod is probably the second choice unless someone (Keller, Jost, Brown) falls. I could see them taking the defenseman...they really need F help sooner than later and taking the D would allow them to move a young D for F help now.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Fans' strong preference is Bellows; I would prefer Kunin but McLeod is probably the second choice unless someone (Keller, Jost, Brown) falls. I could see them taking the defenseman...they really need F help sooner than later and taking the D would allow them to move a young D for F help now.

I dont think any of those guys slide but who knows.
I didnt really consider Bellows that high, but yeah its possible they take him over mcleod in that spot

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
we got the same exact top 10. So im gonna say excellent job!!! :)

The only think Im unsure now is when asked which team the Habs should contact to trade up to get Dubois, Pierre McGuire on TSN 690 last Friday said that Columbus arent sold on Puljujarvi. They want Laine, but since he'll probably be gone, they'll be willing to trade down or draft Tkachuk or Dubois.

Jul 10, 2003
KW
I like the Leafs using picks 30 and 31 both on defenders. I think we will take Johansen if he's there. Also, Girard could be in the mix as well. Cholowski (while I haven't watched him personally) also does seem like the swing for the fences type of pick that Hunter and company have been gravitating towards.

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I really hope the Jets pass on Stanley, especially at #22. I'd hope for a trade down or trade up if this was how things played out. I think #22 is a poor spot in the 1st to grab a D, unless Fabbro, Bean or McAvoy fall there, which I highly doubt. Probably need to get inside the top 20 or drop to the late 20's to get good value IMO.

I agree with this completely. If we were to go with a dman at 22 (and assuming the 2nd tier guys are gone) I'd rather Clague or Cholowski over Stanley.

Here's a good article about why I'd like to avoid him: (also a superb sub-article about the Canucks drafting Virtanen)

http://jetsnation.ca/2016/6/19/jets...ley-could-be-a-good-player-so-don-t-draft-him

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
we got the same exact top 10. So im gonna say excellent job!!! :)

The only think Im unsure now is when asked which team the Habs should contact to trade up to get Dubois, Pierre McGuire on TSN 690 last Friday said that Columbus arent sold on Puljujarvi. They want Laine, but since he'll probably be gone, they'll be willing to trade down or draft Tkachuk or Dubois.

they would need to convince the oilers or canucks to move back.
that would be a very tough thing to do imho. Maybe edmonton gets tempted with a beaulieu + Juulsen package with the 9?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
I agree with this completely. If we were to go with a dman at 22 (and assuming the 2nd tier guys are gone) I'd rather Clague or Cholowski over Stanley.

Here's a good article about why I'd like to avoid him: (also a superb sub-article about the Canucks drafting Virtanen)

http://jetsnation.ca/2016/6/19/jets...ley-could-be-a-good-player-so-don-t-draft-him
]
Cholowski at 22? that would make him one of the biggest risers of the draft. when I looked at the jets needs, a LHD stood out to me. the problem is, there arent really any guys beside stanley that are locks to go from 20-30. clague maybe, johansen maybe, cholowski maybe.
those three could still be there on day 2.

I get where you are coming at though, the day of the big 6'5-6'6 dmen with minimal offense has come and gone. two way guys are the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad