Confirmed with Link: Hall (50% retained) and Speers to Arizona for 1st, conditional pick, Bahl, Merkley and Schnarr

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
alright Bahl, I hope I'm wrong on his potential. Hard 1st is nice hopefully the other pacific teams pick it up and the yotes miss the playoffs

Reactions: glenwo2

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
From Corey Pronman's review of Arizona's farm ranking this past summer...appears we got their 3rd, 5th & 7th rated prospects.

2019 NHL farm system rankings: No. 17 Arizona Coyotes

3. Kevin Bahl, D, Ottawa-OHL
June 27, 2000 | 6-foot-6 | 229 pounds
Tier: Very good/legit bubble
I was down on the Bahl pick in the second round last year, but I’ve really warmed up to him as a prospect. Bahl projects to be one of the top physical forces in the league as a 6-foot-6 defenseman who leans on checks regularly. I knew about that last season, but I’ve seen more from him with the puck. He won’t be a power play guy in the NHL, but he’s got average hands and has good offensive instincts. Under pressure he can be forced into errors, but he also made some impressive plays last season that convinced me there’s more there. You add in OK feet – but very good for his size – and there’s NHL projection there for a guy who can take on a regular shift in the NHL and kill a lot of plays.

5. Nick Merkley, RW, Tucson-AHL
May 23, 1997 | 5-foot-10 | 194 pounds
Tier: Legit NHL prospect
When Merkley returned from injury, he continued his success from the previous season in the AHL, although he didn’t really take a step forward. Merkley’s strengths continue to be evident. He’s a highly skilled and intelligent playmaker. He’s able to make plays through seams and make defenders miss. Merkley isn’t the biggest forward, but he competes well and is strong on pucks. The concern is his very average skating ability, particularly for a smaller forward, combined with concern among some scouts about what his ultimate role will be if he can’t score in the NHL.

7. Nate Schnarr, C, Guelph-OHL
Feb. 25, 1999 | 6-foot-3 | 181 pounds
Tier: Legit NHL prospect
Schnarr had a good final OHL season, as an important part of Guelph’s title run. He was an interesting player to debate this season because often he wouldn’t really pop, but he’d have a few points at the end of the night. I think he’s a smart and skilled offensive player who can move pucks well and surprise folks with his playmaking ability. There is a question of what Schnarr is in the NHL, though. Is he quick enough to drive play? Is there enough skill to be a power play guy? I’m not sure the answer to either of those questions is yes, but I’ve seen flashes from him in all those areas to think he’s got a real shot to play at the bottom half of a roster.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
this is the something is better then nothing crowd. that kid nick was drafted 30th a few years ago. what else type of return would you expect?

i am a lot more confident with our scouting department now picking these kids then i would have been with lou so i think its a win

Reactions: glenwo2

Jets012

Oct 19, 2015
Laughable with the picks we've had the last few years, the money we have had, that we weren't able to build a competitive team around Hall.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

John Pedro

Feb 6, 2014
São Paulo
I'd rather get a mobile Dman than all three prospects we got, but Shero seems to love these big dmen that almost never work out at NHL level.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Meh.

The first is only a conditional?

And we didn’t even get Raants or another roster player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad