Halifax Mooseheads: 2018-2019 Thread

Newt91

Feb 8, 2019
Safin was such a huge disappointment this season. Feel like the Moose really wasted their import spots this year (something they typical hit home runs with). Hopefully Barinka has a good offseaon.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Safin was such a huge disappointment this season. Feel like the Moose really wasted their import spots this year (something they typical hit home runs with). Hopefully Barinka has a good offseaon.
Barinka could be good with bigger opportunity. Somppi didn’t break out until his 3rd season and Timo didn’t do much his rookie year either. I feel like Barinka showed some flashes so hopefully can be a good piece next season.
Would have been nice to get Fagemo who had a good season in Sweden. Seems like he waited until the last minute to make his decision. Then losing Zadina to AHL due to his “on loan” status really hurt.

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Does anyone here remember why the Mooseheads didn’t take advantage of having drafted Joakim Blitchfield. We’re they locked into Ehlers and Mueir or he just didn’t report similar to Fagemo. Could have really used an import this year that wasn’t a liability out there.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Does anyone here remember why the Mooseheads didn’t take advantage of having drafted Joakim Blitchfield. We’re they locked into Ehlers and Mueir or he just didn’t report similar to Fagemo. Could have really used an import this year that wasn’t a liability out there.
Don't think he reported.

Reactions: Tube Skates

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
The Mooseheads first pick was Somppi that year and there was only room for one. Not sure if Blichfeld would have reported otherwise. Too hard to predict how many seasons each import will play. If he had come to Halifax, there’s a chance he would have got signed and played AHL this year also. This would be a good year to have a one/done superstar as next year will be rebuild mode but of course we don’t have a high import pick this year.

Reactions: Tube Skates

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
Arnaud Durandeau signed a 3 year Entry Level Contract with the New York Islanders! Wonder if he makes the Bridgeport Sound Tigers or not. If not seems I feel the overagers will be... Trepanier, Kyte, and Flower. That leaves only Chainey left to be traded as an overager. I 'm not a fan of Flower out all I highly dislike him but it's not easy to claim right handed defense. The defense situation is going to be bad if we take 2 forwards and 1 D. Rather just keep the McIsaac/Flower, and Kyte/Barron pairs together then if Jack McGovern a tall right handed 19 year old prospect has a good camp he can make it on the third pairing and that'd leave a trade to be made for the final D spot or draft an import D but I'd prefer an import forward. The forward situation may be pretty bad at the start of the season but at the deadline I'm sure Cam will figure something out. I don't know the situation on Barinka and Safin yet but let's say Barinka still plays and Safin doesn't
-
Roster/Lines without any trades (Trades will happen)
-
Lavoie | Groulx | Trepanier
Parent | Import | Barinka
Petten | Dube | Stewart
MacMillan | Kabatay | Hart

McIsaac | Flower
Kyte | Barron
Gascon | McGovern

Gravel
McLaren
-
looks to me like a shit show lol

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Arnaud Durandeau signed a 3 year Entry Level Contract with the New York Islanders! Wonder if he makes the Bridgeport Sound Tigers or not
It is up to Durandeau. If he believes he is ready, then I am sure the Tigers will have a spot for him.

It is good timing. The Sound Tigers languished under Garth Snow - now that Lou is running things, and we have new ownership, the islanders AHL affiliate has enjoyed nice injection of veteran leadership to help the prospects along.

Reactions: Coolmcneil

Tube Skates

May 12, 2016
Well it’s early and you never can tell. I know you always do a lot of thinking on this topic. There are certainly some players there that aren’t household names but are generally good quick smart players. I’m a little more optimistic. I hope one of our AHL eligible players will return. We have lots of very attractive assets to trade off. Our management usually do a good job with our assets. We have 11 picks in the draft. Maybe they go for a couple more mature players and hit on one. They might hit on someone in the American draft and also there’s the Euro draft. I doubt we could get anything for Fagemo Boldy or Newhook rights but it would be a good story if Ethan Philips would report. I’m not sure if he’s signed yet with Boston U. So with some luck the Moose could do well again next year. Anyway. Have a good summer.

Reactions: jabes

Joe Lamb

Mar 12, 2004
downeast
Well it’s early and you never can tell. I know you always do a lot of thinking on this topic. There are certainly some players there that aren’t household names but are generally good quick smart players. I’m a little more optimistic. I hope one of our AHL eligible players will return. We have lots of very attractive assets to trade off. Our management usually do a good job with our assets. We have 11 picks in the draft. Maybe they go for a couple more mature players and hit on one. They might hit on someone in the American draft and also there’s the Euro draft. I doubt we could get anything for Fagemo Boldy or Newhook rights but it would be a good story if Ethan Philips would report. I’m not sure if he’s signed yet with Boston U. So with some luck the Moose could do well again next year. Anyway. Have a good summer.

But no picks in the first 3 rounds as of now. so there is some work to be done.

EnglishJet

Jul 18, 2014
Nova Scotia
Refreshing my feed like to crazy to see if Cam can move us into the top 2/3 rounds, but we shall see. There's a lot of top ten talent in this roster but the depth is scary. Need to hit on both Imports (or keep Barinka although he was clearly in Velieux's dog house this year) but we shall see. Should be an interesting day.

SnaGG

Dec 16, 2014
Surprised to see us go the whole draft without making a move on one of the overagers ...

Anyone know when we pick in the euro / Us draft ?

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Surprised to see us go the whole draft without making a move on one of the overagers ...

Anyone know when we pick in the euro / Us draft ?
Yeah the draft was a bit underwhelming but hopefully some of these kids turn into good players in a couple years.
Not sure what they’ll be trading their extra 20’s for at this point. I guess either players that can help this season or assets for next years draft.
Will also be interesting to see who some of the free agent camp invitations will be. Maybe some 19yr old MJAH guys can step in and contribute for a season or two.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015
American forward Zack Jones joins the Moose – Halifax Mooseheads

Jones: “I have always wanted to push myself and play at the top levels and the QMJHL is one of the best leagues in the world. I’m really looking forward to training camp and getting started.”

Jones: “I had a chance to come up to Halifax a lot over my brother’s three years with the Mooseheads and also attended camp after I was drafted. Halifax is a great organization in a very cool city."

Looking forward to see what he brings! Should fit well on the third line if he has a good training camp.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Peeters played with Dube in Austria two seasons ago and spent last year on the same team as Victor Czerneckianair who was an 8th round American pick by the Moose in 2018. Czerneckianair is committed to Quinnipiac University after next year but I wonder if they've sold him on the Q in their visits. If that's the case, forward group could look something like:

Trepanier - Groulx - Lavoie
Parent - Barinka - Bishop
Peeters - Dube - Czerneckianair
Kabatay - Stewart - Jones
Petten

What say you, fans?

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Peeters played with Dube in Austria two seasons ago and spent last year on the same team as Victor Czerneckianair who was an 8th round American pick by the Moose in 2018. Czerneckianair is committed to Quinnipiac University after next year but I wonder if they've sold him on the Q in their visits. If that's the case, forward group could look something like:

Petten

What say you, fans?
Not sure I would bank on Czerneckianair coming but you never know. I suspect we’ll see a few other additions or invites before the start of training camp though.

cmcneil02

Dec 27, 2015

Petten

What say you, fans?

Not sure about Czerneckianair as the possibilities do rise a bit I don't think he'll change his mind. Also I think Halifax will run 2 overage defensemen but if they want to run Bishop in the mix of forwards that would definitely help our team out. In reality we're not looking to make moves for a memorial cup as last season was too expensive. So seems like we'll stay put and settle in for a decent season similar to the 2015 year. We really need defence as the only returning player is Barron and McIsaac is out until around Christmas. We really need Kyte, Chainey, and/or Flower. Besides if you look at Moncton and Cape Bretons rosters they have the doors open for a huge run at a cup, watch out for them!

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Barron's stock will take a hit this year with Daigneault as coach. This guy is that bad at coaching defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad