Half Smythe Award

Who's the playoff MVP over the 1st two rounds?

• Jaccob Slavin

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • Brent Burns

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Jordan Martinook

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Martin Necas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sebastiain Aho

• Fredrick Andersen

• Antti Raanta

• Jordan Staal

• Jesper Fast

• Jespari Kotkaniemi

• Seth Jarvis

• Other (Please Explain!)

Votes: 1 4.0%

• Total voters

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Other: 3Canesinabox or Summerrose. without their thread runs, we dont win.
I won us the division when everyone had given up and the first two games of the playoffs. Damn.

Anyways, to me, it's Slavin pretty easily to this point. Got some points and is as amazing as can be defensively. Whether the real voters would be smart enough to pick him, hard to say.

I think Burns is right there but his slight edge in offensive capabilities doesn't quite trump what Slavs has done on the defensive side. Marty had a great round, but can't give it to him for just that at this point. Aho was much better in the first round, but same thing. Fast has been pretty consistenly good and clutch, but just falls short here I think. And Freddie has a chance to come on quick given his record and his stats, but only the one game in round one is a ding. Jarvis might surprisingly be on the edge of the convo for sure. Several other guys with good showings, but I think those are the biggest contenders at this point.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
You can’t go wrong with Slavin, but Martinook has to be in the Conversation, the man is relentless, 5 on 5, short handed, or even on the end of the PP. He has to make one forget about Nino now and I can see him signing another 3 year 2.5 to 3 million a year contract

hockeynjune

CAT4 and RI TAKE SHELTER NOW
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Okay, 2 rounds in the book. At the halfway point of the run, who do you think is the Team MVP?
Slavin is a god no doubt but Marty helped to keep the kids focused and believing. Oh and Burnsie ,damn . Tough call for me.

I’m out.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
Slavin is a god no doubt but Marty helped to keep the kids focused and believing. Oh and Burnsie ,damn . Tough call for me.

I’m out.
I was personally really torn between Slavin and Burns, and normally I'd go Slavin, but man is Burns having himself a hell of a playoffs. Love Marty, but he did have a goose egg on the scoresheet in round one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad