• McLellan LAK

• Tocchet VAN

• Montgomery BOS

• Tourigny ARI

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I would think Toccet or Montgomery again.

Boston lost such an insane amount of depth and even star power and are still battling for 1st in the league again.

The Canucks showed potential last season and made some good additions but I think most expected a fight for the wildcard

HM to EDM coach if they keep this tear and end up high in the standings

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
You can say basically the same thing about Bowness and the Jets. A lot of people were expecting a collapse by them this year.
Sure that's true to an extent but the Jets had the pieces and the Canucks looked lost at times before this year.

Either way not many people care about the award do they?

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
I'm definitely biased, but I can't imagine it's anybody but Bowness at this point. 1st in the league, 3 or fewer goals allowed in 30 straight games, I wasn't a fan of the hiring but he has the Jets playing the best hockey I've seen them play since their return. He's getting the best out of so many players.

Reactions: Adam da bomb

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I'm definitely biased, but I can't imagine it's anybody but Bowness at this point. 1st in the league, 3 or fewer goals allowed in 30 straight games, I wasn't a fan of the hiring but he has the Jets playing the best hockey I've seen them play since their return. He's getting the best out of so many players.
31 straight games, and 24 of those 31 are 2 or less, that is a crazy run of defensive hockey in the Modern NHL.

Reactions: TS Quint

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
Tochett or Bowness for me.

Still do a double take when I see where the Jets are at the halfway point. Thought the wheels would fall off, but they look legit.

Reactions: banks

Deno

Nov 9, 2022
Tockett or Bowness.
Bowness has never won the award and has been in the league for what seems like forever so I'd like to see him win it. Most likely it will go to whichever coach who's team ends up ahead of the other by the end of the year.

Last edited:

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Tockett or Bowness.
Bowness has never won the award and has been in the league for what seems like forever so I'd like to see him win it. Most likely it will go to whichever coach who's team ends up ahead of the other by the end of the year.

Crazy thing is, he's only ever coached a full season (or close to one) 7 times. Has another 5 seasons where he was fired or promoted during the season.

He was a widely respected assistant for years tho.

Reactions: Deno

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Tocchet and Bowness are the obvious frontrunners but Bowness had a full season with the Jets last year whereas Tocchet only took over for the Canucks last year at the end of January, gives him a clear edge IMO

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Sure. But the Jets had 95 points last year and the Canucks had 83. The turn around has been huge. Not taking anything away from Bowness at all.

Yeah. I think this factor swings it for Tocchet at this point. The Jack Adams is often as much a "most improved team" award as it is a pure "best coach" accolade. Barring a team achieving something truly historic or absolutely dominant, i think the award tends to defer to the coach whose team has come the furthest from last season, compared to expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad