Confirmed with Link: Hague UPD RE-SIGNED 3x$2.294m aav

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Wondering if possible emergence of Korczak means VGK will play hardball with him. I noted Cassidy didn't hesitate to play Korczak in OT against Kopitar, Fiala, Kempe line on power play

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Wondering if possible emergence of Korczak means VGK will play hardball with him. I noted Cassidy didn't hesitate to play Korczak in OT against Kopitar, Fiala, Kempe line on power play
The Hague situation shouldn't impact Korczak unless they are going to move Theo back to the left. Chayka is the guy that might get a chance to slot in next to Whitecloud at the start I think.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
The Hague situation shouldn't impact Korczak unless they are going to move Theo back to the left. Chayka is the guy that might get a chance to slot in next to Whitecloud at the start I think.
I've heard they might consider doing exactly that with Theo, although my preference is to keep him at RD, since I think he's going to have a real All-Star season.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
My guess is that the new system is not as conducive to Hague's skill set. If anything maybe PDB begs for a trade as he's really more suited for that system on both offense and defense. We'll see how it goes but I can see a case to be made for every D pairing to have one transition guy and one stay at home guy and for the offense to call for a lot less firing away from the point.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Sandin just got Liljegren's deal(1.4x2). Good comparables for Hague.

3 RFA's left now: Hague, Robinson, and Formenton. Although the latter one might be for entirely different reasons.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Friedman 10/7 updates that VGK is NOT waiting for start of season to maximize LTIR to re-sign him.

They are close(r), but not there yet.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
From Chris Johnson's Monday email newsletter:

Vegas Golden Knights defenceman Nicolas Hague is the league's only unsigned restricted free agent. Look for a three-year deal to potentially break the stalemate there.

Kaners PPGs

Jun 2, 2012
Chicagoland (Tinley Park)
Can you guys give me a scouting report on Hague? Seems like he is not living up to expectations and has even regressed. What is your long term outlook for him? Thanks for any information.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Can you guys give me a scouting report on Hague? Seems like he is not living up to expectations and has even regressed. What is your long term outlook for him? Thanks for any information.

I wouldn't say he's regressed. Cassidy just doesn't use Hague in offensive situations like Deboer did to maximize Hague's biggest strength in his shot. At the same time he also hasn't taken a step towards becoming a top 4 guy. He's part of a very solid 3rd pair though with Whitecloud. In order to move up the lineup in the future he's going to have to become a better skater.

RapidKnight

Dec 29, 2021
Worth noting all Vegas d-men have all taken fewer shots in Cassidy’s system and D goalscoring fluctuates a lot. His even strength playmaking is on par with his career average: nothing spectacular; he doesn’t read the game very quickly and isn’t an outstanding passer. No signs of decline but I’ve never considered him anything more than a bottom pairing defenseman and he is running out of time.

Whitecloud definitely deserves some credit for solid possession statistics. Hague was pretty much a warm body in a top pairing role last season. I have low expectations for substantial improvement because either his skating ability or hockey awareness would have to give. I think he is on a Tyler Myers trajectory (#4D eventually).

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
Worth noting all Vegas d-men have all taken fewer shots in Cassidy’s system and D goalscoring fluctuates a lot. His even strength playmaking is on par with his career average: nothing spectacular; he doesn’t read the game very quickly and isn’t an outstanding passer. No signs of decline but I’ve never considered him anything more than a bottom pairing defenseman and he is running out of time.

Whitecloud definitely deserves some credit for solid possession statistics. Hague was pretty much a warm body in a top pairing role last season. I have low expectations for substantial improvement because either his skating ability or hockey awareness would have to give. I think he is on a Tyler Myers trajectory (#4D eventually).
His improvement has been at best marginal. A lot of what he does is covered up by Whitecloud - at least part of our really poor play before the All-star break can be attributed to Whitecloud's injury.

Reactions: RapidKnight

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
His improvement has been at best marginal. A lot of what he does is covered up by Whitecloud - at least part of our really poor play before the All-star break can be attributed to Whitecloud's injury.
He is getting better at using his physicality on the boards. What i think he will never improve is his passing decisions and execution. 3 icings, 3 direct turnovers, 1 nice pass, repeat as necessary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad