Post-Game Talk: Habs win 5-2 to end a historic season

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
To those of you who didn't watch the game because you've " lost interest", too bad for you. You missed Galchy's and Pac's 30th goals, a Paul Byron fight, a great game by the team, and most importantly a win.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
https://streamable.com/831q

When you watch this, keep in mind that the player who "could" handle all these responsibilities at center and was holding Galchenyuk back was Davey frickin' Desharnais.

I also want to remind you that the only reason Galchenyuk was given a 2nd chance at 1st line C was because Davey frickin' Desharnais got injured.

What an arrogant goof, the way he tries to spin this as a stroke of genius on his part. "You could tell Alex was not ready!" ehhhh???

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
I can. 1) They endured misfortune. 2) they finally learned how to master TB, and 3) they had two players who reached the 30 goal benchmark in the same game (the last possible opportunity).

Add sweeping the season series with Tampa as something I did not expect this season especially with the way it ended.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
To those of you who didn't watch the game because you've " lost interest", too bad for you. You missed Galchy's and Pac's 30th goals, a Paul Byron fight, a great game by the team, and most importantly a win.

Yes to the other parts, but lol to the bold.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

When you watch this, keep in mind that the player who "could" handle all these responsibilities at center and was holding Galchenyuk back was Davey frickin' Desharnais.

I also want to remind you that the only reason Galchenyuk was given a 2nd chance at 1st line C was because Davey frickin' Desharnais got injured.

What an arrogant goof, the way he tries to spin this as a stroke of genius on his part. "You could tell Alex was not ready!" ehhhh???

Michel Therrien is adorable.

#FireTherrien

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

He was forced to play him at centre by injuries, sort of. There were tons of injuries and they had Lars Eller centering the top line. It was mostly English media hammering him in interviews about it and because he's a cowardly bully he made teh change.

Now he's taking credit for this amazing forethought of how to develop a young player like he's a savant. Oh well, 3 more years.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Tyler Jonhson 72 pts last year 38 points this year, surprised people arent mentioning that, that stinks

I was about to say, well he had some injuries this year, but he only played 8 less games so you're right. That stinks.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Tyler Jonhson 72 pts last year 38 points this year, surprised people arent mentioning that, that stinks

Maybe it's because like me some people are not that much surprised? The guy really came out of totally nowhere and had success almost instantly. Unlike MSL there was no progression of any sort. Went from non drafted to a ppg player in the AHL and 50 points in the NHL 1st season then 70 points 2nd season. Lot of bona fide high draft pick struggle more to adjust to the NHL ...

I mean i expect him to bounce back but he is very weak on his skate and long term that's gonna be a problem for him. Last year he was lighting fast but few players can skate like that for 15 years. That's very demanding one needs to avoid injuries and train very hard his whole career.

I really don't see him as a perennial 70 points player unless he plays with generational talents on the first line. Not really a fan of him personally. Like i said weak on his skate. Not very good defensively. That's all great when he does 70 points but like other small offensive minded players when he does 50 points and less while playing in the top 6 it's starting to be a problem.

When Johnson was on a breakaway last year and Eller easily tossed him on the ice on the backcheck (and got an undeserved penalty for that) this is where i started to have big doubt about this guy. Never was a fan of player who felt easily on the ice and never will.

Like i said could bounce back and have a long great career with over 700 points. But i would not be surprised if he becomes one of those guys who have 4-5 good seasons then slow down and slowly fade away in the late 20ies or early 30ies and finish his career with 500 something points.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
He has been a ton better in this last stretch. His worth is somewhere in between last season and this year's production.

R69Hc8P.png

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004

F this guy. Seriously. So full of it. I haven't watched a whole game in weeks, can't the crap he puts us through anymore. Highlights and a period here or there are more than enough. Terrible team. Thank God Chucky broke out 'cause I have a feeling MB is going to work his magic and trade PK. Quiet guys like Markov and Pleky will bring us so much farther. :shakehead

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I'm just pissed there won't be a silver lining out of this godawful waste of a season. It's truly the worst feeling.

No coaching staff change, no GM change, no player personnel change and to top it off perhaps out of the sweet spot for a cost controlled 19-20yr stud.

habalifeok

Oct 28, 2013
Loved the Galchenyuk,Pacioretty,Gallagher line. Also loved the Galchenyuk interview between periods. Galchenyuk obviosly loves to play with Patches and will do so for years to come. He has definitely progressed a lot this year through hard work especially in his improvement in shooting accuracy and quickness in releasing his shot.
Finally arrived .

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

Sorry, even a 30th goal isn't enough to make me feel like I missed something tonight. We beat a Tampa team sitting a few regulars, riddled with injuries.. and a ****** backup goalie.

That's quite the accomplishment this team just had, I think MT deserves a raise.

yRessUneChose

yRessUneBarbe
Jun 7, 2015
my question to M.Therrien is;

if a confidence of a player is <<SO MUCH IMPORTANT TO THE TEAM>> why throw under the bus Eller/Galchenyuk last year when a reporter asked him he did not send Eller/Galchenyuk into shootouts instead of Markov/whoever was there(<< because they did not score in 1+month(when that was false) was that giving confidence to both young players?

Were you giving confidence to p.K Subban when he mad a <<individualiss play>> vs the Avalanche and benching him?

Were you giving Galchenyuk any confidence in his 4RTH YEAR HE IS NOT A ROOKIE ANYMORE, any confidence?

**** Therrien so hard.

The guy plays the media like it is his fiddle... do you guys ever wonder why Therrien lasted 3 years n half with the pens despite having a lest worst stretch than the Habs had this year?

oh in 2006-2007 the Pens media were already asking questions about Therrien playing grinder/favorites out of their roles(Armstrong,Ouelettte.....) and they did their job correctly...

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Doesn't really do anything for me, but those shots of disappointment in the Boston crowd brought a smile to my face.

Both my brothers are both Bruin fans. Believe me our habs brought a smile to their face too, since December ....not yesterday.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
is it bad that the Bruins missing out in last game of season is cheering me up

Nope. This is like hooking up with a hot chick for a one nighter after taking a break from your significant other. Feels good for a little while then you have to go back home :(

In all seriousness, I've said it plenty, not mad anymore for the Habs sucky season since I gave up long ago. Doesn't mean I stop hating the Bruins and to be honest, I'd rather just be out of it, picking top-10 rather than fighting until the end, missing the playoffs by 0 points and picking 14th.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Now imagine if they just ended up winning the Matthews lottery after finishing right out of the playoffs.

That thought crossed my mind and in my simulator runs, it happened yesterday. If that happens in RL, I will want to punch your avatar (not you but that smiling mug).

Oh, since this is a PGT, I will mention I though despite getting his pocket picked, Douin looked really good last night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad