Post-Game Talk: Habs win 5-2 to end a historic season

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
I didn't say he was perfect as a 4th liner, but you get what you pay for. Was Prust a better 4th liner? Yes, he was just as good defensively, put up the same amount of points, and had more grit, but he cost 1.5$ million more.

Flynn is good for what he's paid, and he has chemistry with Mitchell who is another decent value 4th liner.

What exactly is wrong with that? Maybe our 3rd line is a mess right now, but that's not Brian Flynn the 4th liner's fault.

Flynn is such a nothing player, no redeeming qualities other than his faceoffs on the right dot and his speed. The rest is AHL caliber. I really hope we don't have a 4th line of Byron-Mitchell-Flynn going into next season, That is way too soft for a 4th line and we need more variety than that imo. I'm fine if he's the 13th forward.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
He was a big part of a pretty good PK unit. Again I don't know what you want for 1$ million. You guys complain about the bottom 6 so much but here is a guy playing a limited defensive 4th line / PK role pretty well for a fair salary cost. He is not part of the problem.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
He was a big part of a pretty good PK unit. Again I don't know what you want for 1$ million. You guys complain about the bottom 6 so much but here is a guy playing a limited defensive 4th line / PK role pretty well for a fair salary cost. He is not part of the problem.

pk is a small part of the game. Even smaller in playoffs when the refs store away their whistle for the summer. The hawks has one of the worse pk in the league this year. LA one is average.

Beside by far the most important player for the pk is the goalie. The others don't matter as much. It's always the same story. Gorges is so good on pk we can't let him go. Gill is so good. Moen is so good. Yet even if they are all gone the pk remains strong with Price and Markov/Subban. According to some when gill left our pk was supposed to crumble. It did not happen.

It's important. But not as much as having a solid 4th line able to play the physical game at 5 on 5 and wear down the opposition with work. You wont get that with a 4th line made of Byron, Mitchell and Flynn. That's way too soft and small to be an effective 4th line at 5 on 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad