Habs win 4-1, Diaz + Markov = awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
IIRC, Ryder got not PP time that year. His goal totals reflected that.

I always liked Ryder (except when he was on the Bruins) but he's as one dimensional as they get and his goal total that year reflects more that he wasn't needed than anything else. Amazing wrist shot but it was unnecessary in 07/08, making him kind of useless.

MasterDecoy

Who took my beer?
May 4, 2010
Beijing
Quick thought about the White situation. Actually more about Parros and enforcers in general. He was dressed for Florida, he was unable to deter White from acting like he did and furthermore was unable to get retribution afterwards. To ice the cake he didn't go after anyone on the Habs. So what's his purpose?

I suppose next game, White will have to take his lumps, I'd expect nothing less. However, it could mean a Habs PP in a close game.

ask southernhab :dunno:

unrelated but i never realized how huge parros is. 6'5 :amazed:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
A reputation for what exactly? Standing up for a teamate. Hell I hope he gets precisely this reputation.

I mean a reputation with referees and league officials about being a loose cannon. Hits like Fleischmann on Gorges happen every game in this league - I don't think the hit was nearly as dirty as many around here claim. If White is going to attack a player every time a hit like that happens, he will shortly be under the microscope of each official every game (which hurts the team) and shortly suspended, with each subsequent suspension getting longer and longer. I don't hate what White did, but there is a limit to how often you can respond like that. I just didn't think that was the right time or against the right player to send that message.

Last edited:

Haburger

Jan 17, 2011
ya white made the right decision.doesnt matter who it is,we have to stand up for each other.that was a dirty play by fleich .i wish white coulda got sum more punches in.

Habtchum*

A reputation for what exactly? Standing up for a teamate. Hell I hope he gets precisely this reputation.

I mean a reputation with referees and league officials about being a loose cannon. Hits like Fleischmann on Gorges happen every game in this league - I don't think the hit was nearly as dirty as many around here claim. If White is going to attack a player every time a hit like that happens, he will shortly be under the microscope of each official every game (which hurts the team) and shortly suspended, with each subsequent suspension getting longer and longer. I don't hate what White did, but there is a limit to how often you can respond like that. I just didn't think that was the right time or against the right player to send that message.

White's timing was wrong. Could had waited another shift to rattle Fleishman. He put his team in bad position abd that could had lead to many goals by Florida.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
White's timing was wrong. Could had waited another shift to rattle Fleishman. He put his team in bad position abd that could had lead to many goals by Florida.

Considering the score and the way our PK had been playing, I think it was the right call. The Habs got out of a 5min PK that ended with a 1:20 5 on 3. I know it could've ended up costing the Habs, but it didn't and killing such a penalty is amazing for morale.

Honestly, I can't blame him for dropping the mitts so fast, in fact I'm happy about it, finally the Habs stand up for themselves/each other.

PricePkPatch*

Nonono. When the puppy made a "accident" inside, you have to scold him right away. Don't wait the next time he comes around.

Natedawg

Lars Eller
Aug 19, 2008
Edmonton
The pansies complaining about White jumping Flash are the same people that would ***** if he didn't stick up for him.

Love what White did. Past years we have been crying for this type of "team".

One of your leaders gets hit from behind in the boards... I don't care who he is, You pound his face.

Love what Pricey said after the game. "Whitey stuck up for one of our leaders. We WERE going to kill that penalty."

Oh And.

Markov - 2 Goals + running PP and breakout like a boss
Emelin - 9 hits and shutting down the right side of the ice

Iron Curtain FTW

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

WTF?? You don't "wait" to defend a teammate who was smashed head 1st in the boards! Comments like that make me think you've never played the game before..

You guys are over-analysing this, White defended a teammate, end of story.

disturbedraven

Lets rock
Apr 11, 2005
Peterborough
www.fhockey.com
white made the right decision.doesnt matter who it is,we have to stand up for each other.that was a dirty play by fleich

This.
10 out of 10 times I will be fine with these "stupid" penalties from one of our players defending a dirty hit on another teammate. This is what we have lacked for a long time from this team. I support White. Fleich will now think twice next time. Habs are not to be walked all over anymore

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc

It's early in the season and White's timing is off a little due to inaction,not on that play though.Teams need to know how the game is played against the Habs,by that I mean not the way it's been for years,hit them,abuse them and then laugh at them when nothing happens.Those days are gone and maybe a few years late but no time better than now to change things.From here forwards expect retribution for late hits,dirty hits and all other forms of unsportsmanlike penalties the refs miss.It's no longer open season on Montreal Canadiens,pass the news on beatings can be expected for all comers with a penchant for abusing Hab players,this is a Marc Bergevin team and don't expect things to change any time in the near future!:handclap::handclap:

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Lol at the poseurs whining about White... "should have waited" is probably the funniest one. White did the right thing at the right time and everyone of his teammates agreed with him... And Parros plays a role to whoever *****ed about him. Hard to do much to a guy who was tossed. Have no doubts Parros would eat White, Parros is one of the better heavyweights in this league. He plays an important role on his team, you need foot soldiers like him.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Love what White did. Past years we have been crying for this type of "team".

One of your leaders gets hit from behind in the boards... I don't care who he is, You pound his face.

Love what Pricey said after the game. "Whitey stuck up for one of our leaders. We WERE going to kill that penalty."

/topic, really. And when a 4th liner has a chance to step in and take that penalty instead of a 1st pairing PKer/20+ min defenseman, it makes all the more sense on top of that. Game 2 of the season, up 4-1... perfect.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

There might be some things wrong with what white did, but timing isn't one of them. In fact he gets a pass ONLY because it was an immediate response to the hit. If white serves the desert cold then I think other players ( including Parros) do have a legit beef about him being a spot picker. In this case justice delayed, is justice denied.

If you are the type of person who thinks that it is okay to let people take liberties with your teamates because you might make it up on the PP, I'm glad we don't skate together.

And if Fleischman had run Price every single hab player would have done what white did ( even if fleischman has no history of running goalies) and no one would say boo. If a player sticking up for a teamate is somehow dependent on the relative value of that teamate, again I'm glad we dont skate together.

Last edited:

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Why am I being quoted as writing the post above? It was Habtchum who said it.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
What White did is something we lacked a lot in the past several years. I couldn't be happier seeing someone stand up for Gorges. Yes, the powerplay the Panthers got out of it could have hurt us in that game, but losing Gorges for a month due to a concussion from hits like this would hurt us a lot more.
Also, I'm aware that White going in after the hit doesn't magically cure the player from any injury from hits like these... What it does do however, is shows that if you target one of ours, you will have someone to deal with.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
not sure, sorry I will try to fix it

No worries, you weren't the only one on this page (LOL)...

I think it has something to do with an end-quote being deleted when someone else replied to an earlier post of mine.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Pretty dumb play by White and the 2nd time he's done it.

It's Tomas ****ing Fleischmann for **** sakes. You can't just decide to start wailing on people. You go up to them, grab them and challenge/shake them. That's sending a message.

Going up and just starting to punch someone when they're not ready and especially a non fighter like Fleischmann is a poor decision.

Youd be singing a much different tune if gorges actually did get hurt on an otherwise dangerous play.

I bet Fleischman won't do it again though...

Bingo. dont know why people dont understand this more

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Because it's not proven that self-policing has any impact on it :dunno:

... both moves (the hit and the retaliation) were dumb, end of story.

Yeah because in the absence of "proof" ( whatever that might actually be) let's just presume that anyone's opinion carries the exact same amount of weight of to the opinion of 95% of the players who have ever laced them up, coaches and GM's.

Carey Price thinks it had an impact, that's good enough for me. The question is not whether these things can prevent incidents within the same game but whether the tuning a guy but good makes him more or less likely to re-offend. Fleischman is a pretty good stand up guy, trying to prove a decrease in an exceptionally rare event is causal is extremely difficult.

My personal experience is that players DO play faster and looser with their sticks and hits when they know they don't HAVE to answer the bell.

poetryinmotion

Jul 12, 2011
Yeah because in the absence of "proof" ( whatever that might actually be) let's just presume that anyone's opinion carries the exact same amount of weight of to the opinion of 95% of the players who have ever laced them up, coaches and GM's.

Carey Price thinks it had an impact, that's good enough for me. The question is not whether these things can prevent incidents within the same game but whether the tuning a guy but good makes him more or less likely to re-offend. Fleischman is a pretty good stand up guy, trying to prove a decrease in an exceptionally rare event is causal is extremely difficult.

My personal experience is that players DO play faster and looser with their sticks and hits when they know they don't HAVE to answer the bell.

Yes, he's a stand up guy that did something very uncommon: make a dirty hit. So it's not the "stand up guys" we are trying to make less likely to re-offend, it's the dirty hits from re-occurring. Who cares if it was Matt Cooke or a Lady Bing candidate that did the hit? It's the end result that matters. I find your logic is extremely flawed.

In the same train of thought though, I would love to see White do that to Lucic, because you just KNOW he's going to do some dirty shenanigans. So, Mr. White, we are all eagerly awaiting for an encore, if you dare. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad