GDT: Habs vs Oilers, April 19 @ 7pm MT

Status
Not open for further replies.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

Line up confirmed via Boob

No Bouchard? Check!
Drai and Mcdavid together? Check!

I know we won last game, so "why mess with a winning formula" will no doubt be something that's brought up, but this is complete garbage at this point.

Bouchard is being treated like a depth Dman we signed to an AHL contract who we needed to emergency call up to meet roster size requirements. Why hasn't he been playing in the AHL all this time? No amount of practice with the club is going to take the place of actual game action.

And Drai and Mcdavid being stuck at the hip while the only other top 6 C on this team goes down to injury is baffling. Haas looked good last game, so play him with Mcdavid and JP, or with Drai and Yam or something. We need to stop leaning on this 1 line crap against teams that have the ability to shut it down.

Reactions: The Safe Play

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
No Bouchard? Check!

I know we won last game, so "why mess with a winning formula" will no doubt be something that's brought up, but this is complete garbage at this point.

Bouchard is being treated like a depth Dman we signed to an AHL contract who we needed to emergency call up to meet roster size requirements. Why hasn't he been playing in the AHL all this time? No amount of practice with the club is going to take the place of actual game action.

And Drai and Mcdavid being stuck at the hip while the only other top 6 C on this team goes down to injury is baffling. Haas looked good last game, so play him with Mcdavid and JP, or with Drai and Yam or something. We need to stop leaning on this 1 line crap against teams that have the ability to shut it down.

I think once Kulikov is out of quarantine Bouchard will be farmed to get in some games as per Holland wanting him to get games in before the end of the year.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
A lot of games against the Habs down the stretch. Need to figure them out in case we run into them in the playoffs. They are the only team so far this year that has succeeded at shutting down McDavid and drai and they have done it exceptionally well. Not sure if those two need to up their game, if tippet needs to devise a new strategy or both. But need to figure something out.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
No Bouchard? Check!

It isn't ideal but David Pelletier is bag skating Bouchard for overall mobility and good defensive habits are being drilled into Bouchard's brain memory and muscle memory several times a week.

It will be interesting to see when Bouchard laces them up next; will he be a more complete player with few weaknesses in his overall game?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It isn't ideal but David Pelletier is bag skating Bouchard for overall mobility and good defensive habits are being drilled into Bouchard's brain memory and muscle memory several times a week.

It will be interesting to see when Bouchard laces them up next; will he be a more complete player with few weaknesses in his overall game?

I get what you are saying about muscle memory and such, but at some point you have to apply the learning lessons and practice your craft in a way that allows you to truly test yourself. This really can only come through playing the game. The NHL isn’t a teaching league, you need to be beyond the past basic of skills set to get a cup of coffee there. Bouchard seems to have the tools and toolbox, I agree he’s not a 20 minute a night guy at this point but he needs some real game exposure (and not in the AHL). I actually wonder how much this year has possibly set him back, with not getting any competition time. I guess we just haven’t had the roster luxury or need to give him some minutes. I dont know what Tippet is thinking.

Reactions: NashtoNowitzki

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
I get what you are saying about muscle memory and such, but at some point you have to apply the learning lessons and practice your craft in a way that allows you to truly test yourself. This really can only come through playing the game. The NHL isn’t a teaching league, you need to be beyond the past basic of skills set to get a cup of coffee there. Bouchard seems to have the tools and toolbox, I agree he’s not a 20 minute a night guy at this point but he needs some real game exposure (and not in the AHL). I actually wonder how much this year has possibly set him back, with not getting any competition time. I guess we just haven’t had the roster luxury or need to give him some minutes. I dont know what Tippet is thinking.
Bouchard has played 23 games this season with Sodertalje SK and another 12 games with the Edmonton Oilers.

Reactions: RattsSSV

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
In most of the games the habs have played us this season, they've caught as at our worst. Tonight should be a better test as to where we stand against this team. It would be nice to continue our play from the Jets game, albeit with less rust.

Is there any way to block out posts that complain about Bouchard? Asking for a friend. :help:;)

Reactions: bone

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32
NHL Starting Goalies
B9D57D4E-FC1B-4688-866C-4FAF6467B14F.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad