Habs Twitter

OnTheInside

Mar 7, 2011
Is it just me, or is the Canadiens' twitter account one of the most boring in the entire league? Seems like a lot of background noise to me and nothing worth subscribing to. Kinda lame for the 24-time Cup Champs and one of the most recognizable brands in all of sports.

Thoughts? (aside from "Who cares?")

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Who cares.

They don't need to try to be witty or something. It's just a twitter account. Imagine if a slip up happens, it would make an entire show of Bonsoir les Sportifs.

OnTheInside

Mar 7, 2011
You mean like the Kings twitter? I find it annoying.

They don't necessarily need to replicate the Kings, but a little personality wouldn't kill anyone.

In fact, I'd go as far as saying that the entire marketing dept needs to step it up. How many more years are we going to keep raising and passing torches?

OnTheInside

Mar 7, 2011
Who cares.

They don't need to try to be witty or something. It's just a twitter account. Imagine if a slip up happens, it would make an entire show of Bonsoir les Sportifs.

But they do try. Big Brother banter with a division rival and stuff. It's embarrassing.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I don't know who's in charge of the account but I find they've been really annoying lately with their teammance ********... And then they retweeted this illuminati/Habs conspiracy picture. Not funny. I liked them better when they were "boring".

OnTheInside

Mar 7, 2011
I don't know who's in charge of the account but I find they've been really annoying lately with their teammance ********... And then they retweeted this illuminati/Habs conspiracy picture. Not funny. I liked them better when they were "boring".

Yeah, it's that crap that got me thinking. They still ARE boring. You can try to be cute/funny while maintaining an impressive level of lame.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
I don't follow the Kings twitter account but they had some awesome and hilarious tweets through the playoffs when they won the cup.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
The Canadiens' organization considers itself much too classy to ever make jackasses of themselves like the Kings' Twitter folks.

However, the very fact that we even know about the Kings' one speaks to the fact that they're doing their job. If Twitter isn't drawing attention to your product, why use it?

The Twitterverse is full of people who have nothing to say, so personally I only follow those who have something interesting to say. It's not always wise on their part, but it makes me tune in.

The bottom line = LA and Montreal are very different situations.

OnTheInside

Mar 7, 2011
The Canadiens' organization considers itself much too classy to ever make jackasses of themselves like the Kings' Twitter folks.

However, the very fact that we even know about the Kings' one speaks to the fact that they're doing their job. If Twitter isn't drawing attention to your product, why use it?

The Twitterverse is full of people who have nothing to say, so personally I only follow those who have something interesting to say. It's not always wise on their part, but it makes me tune in.

The bottom line = LA and Montreal are very different situations.

Yes, but how much longer are we going to continue with this sense of superiority?

What have we done in the last few decades to say that we're better than the Kings, and therefore we can't hire someone witty to chirp when needed?

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Yes, but how much longer are we going to continue with this sense of superiority?

What have we done in the last few decades to say that we're better than the Kings, and therefore we can't hire someone witty to chirp when needed?

Good question. But I've given up on ever hoping they'll get a sense of humour. They're all about the "storied past" not modern media.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002

The Habs are huge in Montreal and have fans all over the world, they dont need some witty twitter account to put butts in the seats, regardless of on-ice performence.

OnTheInside

Mar 7, 2011
The Habs are huge in Montreal and have fans all over the world, they dont need some witty twitter account to put butts in the seats, regardless of on-ice performence.

It's not about butts in seats. It's about adapting to the times. We're becoming more and more laughable every time we raise a torch. We're turning into the Leafs. There. I said it.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
It's not about butts in seats. It's about adapting to the times. We're becoming more and more laughable every time we raise a torch. We're turning into the Leafs. There. I said it.

And having our Twitter account troll other fanbases Twitter accounts is supposed to change all that?

OnTheInside

Mar 7, 2011
And having our Twitter account troll other fanbases Twitter accounts is supposed to change all that?

Since when is alienating people the only way to be funny? Might be the only way a social media lackey making 25k can be funny, but there are funnier, more respectful ways of doing it.

OnTheInside

Mar 7, 2011
Does it not bother anyone else that in Carey Price's twitter bio, he refers to himself as a part-time goalie, and a full-time redneck? Since when is being a member of the storied Habs franchise a part-time gig? He has some serious torch raising to do.

Figaro95*

Does it not bother anyone else that in Carey Price's twitter bio, he refers to himself as a part-time goalie, and a full-time redneck? Since when is being a member of the storied Habs franchise a part-time gig? He has some serious torch raising to do.

Are you being serious, honestly?

Saintpatrick*

Exactly and they don't need a super marketing department we're not the Phoenix Coyotes here. The Habs would fill the Bell every night regardless of any marketing at all.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City

And twitter will be irrelevent in 10 years. We're not behind the times, we're Avant-Garde.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad