Speculation: Habs to bring back Joel Bouchard!?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
About that first part... I'm not sure how to feel about this. Prospect development under MB has been... a disaster to put it mildly. It doesn't mean someone with a differing opinion has the right answers, but it sucks to read that MB wants to impose his philosophy on prospect development so much as to be a point of controversy when discussing a new contract.

MB can't leave soon enough. I'm sure he wants the best for this team, but it's just not working out

Weise also disagreed with Bouchard on prospect handling.

I'm personally on Bouchard's side, but I'm not in the room.

Reactions: MasterD and abo9

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
See our current stats
I get that but random Bouchard thread with no spices or any rumours, just a posters comment. Anyone can start a Michel Therrien!? Thread etc.

Should be in the Bergevin thread imo but I’m no moderator.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I have been absorbing and pontificating on the Habs struggles this season so far. I believe coaching is our biggest problems. If it's time to pull the plug on Ducharme why not line up Joel Bouchard to take over. Maybe this is in process already. I was always impressed with his work in Laval and disappointed when he left the organization.
Ducks won't let you talk to Bouchard mid season

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Weise also disagreed with Bouchard on prospect handling.

I'm personally on Bouchard's side, but I'm not in the room.

And that's fair. We know MB is bad on prospect handling, but maybe Bouchard is as well for other reasons. He did not stay long, but tbf did our prospects really made a big jump under his watch?

But like, it's one person's opinion (Weise). We'll see what he does with Anaheim

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
And that's fair. We know MB is bad on prospect handling, but maybe Bouchard is as well for other reasons. He did not stay long, but tbf did our prospects really made a big jump under his watch?

But like, it's one person's opinion (Weise). We'll see what he does with Anaheim

Won't see him in charge of prospect for long, he's going to get Eakins' job next year when the latter's contract end.

Reactions: abo9

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I get that but random Bouchard thread with no spices or any rumours, just a posters comment. Anyone can start a Michel Therrien!? Thread etc.

Should be in the Bergevin thread imo but I’m no moderator.
Therrien has to wait his turn, Vigneault is ahead of him in the rotation. And we haven't tried Crawford yet.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Let him make his NHL debut somewhere else. Maybe bring him back eventually, but not now. Look at Boucher, he was super promising in junior and NHL but never made a splash in the NHL...

I'm also pretty sure Bergevin would never sign Bouchard after how things ended...

Coaches are evaluated a little too much on team success. Some guys get respect because they were able to choose to go to good teams, some guys are not because they went to bad teams that couldn't win with any coach. I suspect that only a few coaches have a significant positive impact.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
Speculation:Let's take this a step forward .Why not bring back Mario Tremblay and Rejean Houle.They did a fair job back when.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The best francophone coach would be Bob Hartley, followed by Vigneault and followed very far by Bouchard. Bouchard hasn't prove anything in nhl yet. I think Boucher would do better but he's not in my top list. And the best franco gm would be Darche, followed by Roy.

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
The best franco coach would be none of these has beens .Hire the best coach available and if he doesn't speak french no big deal.Let him take courses if need be or maybe the media could speak english and translate to french

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The best franco coach would be none of these has beens .Hire the best coach available and if he doesn't speak french no big deal.Let him take courses if need be or maybe the media could speak english and translate to french
I would not wish that to the anglo new coach. There would be a mess with some nationalist francophone media circus and that anglo coach will have a tougher job. If you think he will succeed despite that unwanted distraction, then I agree to disagree. I would wish him good luck, hoping the media would calm down after a month. But I can't be sure of anything. So why take the risk?

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I have been absorbing and pontificating on the Habs struggles this season so far. I believe coaching is our biggest problems. If it's time to pull the plug on Ducharme why not line up Joel Bouchard to take over. Maybe this is in process already. I was always impressed with his work in Laval and disappointed when he left the organization.
This is a tank year. Every loss is a win. The Habs are doing fantastic.

Reactions: MaynardJames

eklund the clown

Dec 28, 2010
I would not wish that to the anglo new coach. There would be a mess with some nationalist francophone media circus and that anglo coach will have a tougher job. If you think he will succeed despite that unwanted distraction, then I agree to disagree. I would wish him good luck, hoping the media would calm down after a month. But I can't be sure of anything. So why take the risk?
Who the hell cares about the media.We are suppose to be an NHL hockey team trying to win a Stanley Cup after 28 years.Whatever the Habs are doing is not working.Enough of this BS .Hire a hockey Prez the best Gm and coach available and maybe just maybe we can become a real NHL hockey team again.I don't care if they are Chinese or Russian .This team as it stands is a joke

Reactions: EXPOS123

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Who the hell cares about the media.
Speculations says Carey Price is having too much pressure because of the medias. Same thing happened with Drouin. Medias and fans make Leafs choke every PO time, some experts says. In Montreal, medias are a large part of stress, medias are a large part of the working environment of these hockey players, coaches and management.

We are suppose to be an NHL hockey team trying to win a Stanley Cup after 28 years.Whatever the Habs are doing is not working.Enough of this BS .Hire a hockey Prez the best Gm and coach available and maybe just maybe we can become a real NHL hockey team again.I don't care if they are Chinese or Russian .This team as it stands is a joke
We all want that team to win or looking like they are going in the right direction. I see you react like an angry fan but second floor they have to deal with every aspect of managing that hockey franchise. And that hockey franchise is different from others, it have a long history, so it comes with the territory. You, your friends, your neighbors, me and my friends and neighbors can't change anything. It's frustrating, so as some things that happen in the world. Chill man !

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
Drives me f***ing crazy when somebody labels a thread as "speculation" with no source and a f***ing Pejorative Slured, senseless made up wish. Close this f***ing thread. f***

MaynardJames

Jul 6, 2007
Quebec
You don't fire a coach who just lost Danault, Weber and Price. Come on people. Accept it. This season is lost and we will draft high.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Roy as President of Hockey Ops, best available GM language not withstanding, Bob Hartley as coach.

Didn’t Hartley say he would retire after his contract with Omsk comes to an end ?

Unless I’m mistaken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad